ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Changing listener port number for a QManager

Changing listener port number for a QManager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bombyk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Is there a way to permanently alter the port number that a QManager's listener is pointed to after the QManager has been created in Win2000? I can use a runmqlsr command to restart a listener pointing to specific port, but I would like this to happen by default. Thanks
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

How about using the listener settings in MQExplorer? You can set the port there and have the MQSeries services take care of starting up your listener and channel initiator. They will also restart it in case it fails. Why would you want to run the command line version runmqlsr on the Windows platform, do you have special requirements?
HTH,
Stefan

bombyk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the quick reply. This is an existing queue manager with several queues and channels attached to it. But I need to change the port number that it listens on. I can see where you can create a listener with a specific port number when you use the "create queue manager" wizard, but I don't see any way to change the port number after the fact. I'd love to be able to use the Explorer to change this but I don't see how.
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I don't have a MQ Server installation available until tonight, so I have to do it from the top of my head: I think you have to start the 'MQSeries Services' dialog and then select your queue manager on the tree view on the left side of the window. Then you should be able to see the services for that queue manager (Channel initiator, trigger monitor, listener and one more I can't think of right now). Right-click the Listener entry and select 'Properties' from the context menu and you should be able to see where to go from there. If I remember correctly, the dialog that opens has 2 or three tabs at the top. One contains the TCP/IP settings.
It may be possible that you don't see a listener entry in the list. In that case you'd have to add it. Just right-click on the backround of the right window pane and you should get the menu to do it.
Hope that gets you on the right track.
Good luck!
Stefan

[ This Message was edited by: StefanSievert on 2002-01-14 15:53 ]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Changing listener port number for a QManager
Jump to: