ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Can I change the MAXMSGL on an automatic cluster sender?

Can I change the MAXMSGL on an automatic cluster sender? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
scottbell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Can I change the MAXMSGL on an automatic cluster sender? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a problem as such:

QM1 has a queue with MAXMSGL at 10Mb

QM2 need to place messages onto this QM1 queue

QM1 and QM2 are both part of a big cluster.

Now

QM2 has an automatic cluster sender channel to QM1. QM1 has a defined receiver channel TO.QM1 defined.

I have found that these channels are set to the default 4.1Mb in size in terms of what they can transmit, and of course, messages from QM2 to QM1 can't get there and so go to the dead letter queue.

How to solve this problem:

I can of course do one side easily...

On QM1 I run the command

ALTER CHANNEL(TO.QM1) CHLTYPE(CLUSRCVR) MAXMSGL(10000000)

But HOW?? do I get the automatic cluster sender to change also??

What do I do to QM2 to get it to 10MB???

The lower of the two sizes will win. So it will stay at 4.1Mb if I can't increase the QM2 automatic cluster sender?

Finally, why didn't the cluster sender automatically not be bigger than 4.1Mb since the queue managers were both set to be 10Mb. Weird.

Please help.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Change the size of the SYSTEM.DEF.CLUSSDR.

The queue manager max size is not tied in anyway to any other object size. Nor are any other objects tied together so that changing the properties of one will change the properties of another.

It would be nice if there were a support pack or something that would allow you to change the size of *all* objects in one step. But this is also a simple matter of programming.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

You only need to change it on the CLUSRCVRs. Since the Automatic Cluster Senders get their attributes from the receiving side's CLUSRCVR, that is all you have to change.

The next time the Automatic Cluster Senders restart, they will pick up the change you made in the CLUSRCVR on the receiving side, and at that time the automatic CLUSSNDRs will be at 10 MEG.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Can I change the MAXMSGL on an automatic cluster sender?
Jump to: