ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » 2189 - After channels automatically stopped

2189 - After channels automatically stopped « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
edusalem
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: 2189 - After channels automatically stopped Reply with quote

Hi,
I am trying to use the MQSeries cluster funcionality and I´m currently facing some problems that I´d like to know if somebody can help me.
I'm using MQSeries 5.2 CSD 06.

Basically, the main problems are related with the error codes 2189 (CLUSTER_RESOLUTION) and 2085.

I think that both of them are related with the fact that the cluster channels do not automatically start after they are automatically shutted down due to the discint timeout.

I´ve searched in the IBM web site and noticed that there is a bug fix for this issue into the CSD 07, but currently I´m not able to apply this patch.

Consequently, my question is if somebody knows a process/procedure to solve/workaround the 2189/2085 errors after they show up. I´ve tried to start/stop the channels, refresh the cluster, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks a lot.
mqonnet
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Well the question is, under what circumstances do you get this error. If you do not have the cluster channels(clussdr/clurcvr pair) running then you would hit this error. It just says that the non-repository queue manager tried to get the latest status from the repos qm and it could not. One of the alternative approaches that you could implement in your code is to wait for a while and retry the same api call(i guess it would be put). The next time you should be able to get through.

If this doesnt solve your problem, then post the scenario under which you get this.

Cheers
Kumar
edusalem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: 2189 - After channels automatically stopped Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer!
But what I would like to know is what I have to do to put the cluster back to work after I get this error (2189)? Just start the cluster channels (it didn't seem to work)?

Thanks
mqonnet
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

As i mentioned earlier, post your scenario here to see whats going on.

If you have a cluster set up that is having such a problem and you have ended your qm or your channels and restarted them and still get this problem, then you have to put messages on a cluster queue that is hosted by a full repos qm, your app connected to a non-repos qm though. This way a request is sent to the full repos qm to update the non-repos qm's cache with the latest info.

If you still get this problem, try one or two more times, because the full repos qm might take a while to respond back. But if you still get this error even after that, then go over to the full repos qm and check to see if you get any errors logged to the mqerror log. Also verify that there are no FDC's cut by the repsvr process. You might want to do this on the non-repos qm as well.

Cheers
Kumar

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » 2189 - After channels automatically stopped
Jump to: