ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Restarting trigger monitor remotely

Restarting trigger monitor remotely « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
WBI_user
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I am looking for a way to control trigger monitor of a remote queue manager. For a local queue manager I can use MQSeries Services to control listener, trigger monitor ,channel initiator. But I cannot find services for my remote queue manager.
I was stuck with a situation that the trigger monitor of my remote queue manager died resulting in production impact. I did not know how to restart it remotely.
Any help ?
kolban
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It depends on platform. For a Unix system, you can telnet into the server and restart. For a Windows system, some form of remote signon (telner on Windows 2000) should suffice. Altrenatively, if defined as a Windows service, in principle, windows itself can monitor the health of a service and restart as needed.
WBI_user
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Thanks, Telnet is always turned off in Windows environment. In a standard MQ install, I don't think there is an option to run the Trigger Monitor as a Windows Service.
Is there any documentation on how we can run the trigger monitor as a Windows service ?
kolban
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Since the trigger monitor on windows is simply a standard ".exe" file, I would guess that any mechanism to start an arbitrary .exe and have it restarted on failure would work. I believe that there used to be a microsoft utility called "servany" (sp) which may assist.
WBI_user
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Found out that I can add a plug-in and specify the remote QMGR under the MQSeries Service MMC. This solved my problem.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Restarting trigger monitor remotely
Jump to: