ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Repeating records in MRM

Repeating records in MRM « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mapa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

I am developing a MRM message definition for an inhouse fileformat.
My problem is that I have repeating records, where the repetitions varies.
I.e:
File1 File2
rec1 rec1
rec2 rec1
rec2 rec2
rec2 rec2

I am used to working with other broker product where I can use a tag (i.e. first 4 chars) in the record to identify it.

Is this possible to solve in MRM or must I parse a BLOB format and extract what I need to fix this (or NEON of course)?

I have found in the documentation that I could use a "Value of" if I have a field in the incoming file where the number of occurrences is placed. This information I don't have in the incoming file unfortunately.

I'd be most thankfull for help regarding this.

Best regards Magnus Palmér

kolban
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Unfortunately I think we are going to need more detail on what an incoming message logically contains and the desired parse of the fields.
mapa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi again,

Ok, here you go. (This is a simplified example but the principle is the same as the real problem I have.)

Let us say that I have a two sorts of records that would look like this.
Record 1:
ABC123456CDE1234FGH12345 (field/element 1 is three chars, 'ABC' which is the "tag" of the record, that is the same for all records of type Record 1.
The following is the second element which consist of 6 chars, position 4-9, in this example containing the value '123456' and so on.
The second type of record is Record 2:
XYZ1234LMN1234, where the first three chars is the tag, containing the value XYZ. This tag is the same for all occurrences of Record 2.

A message containing only record 1 and 2 should be parsed like this.
Record1;
element1_tag = 'ABC'
element2_e2 = '123456'
element3_e3 = 'CDE'
etc..
Record2:
element1_tag = 'XYZ'
element2_e2 = '1234'
etc.

The number of occurrences that Record 1 and record 2 is in the incoming file, with diffent values in the elements, save for the tag that is used to identify the record.

My question is, can I do this in MRM???

kolban
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

To cut to the chase, I would have to say the answer is no. In the current IBM MRM component of MQSI, I think I want to say that if you can't describe it as a COBOL working storage section or a C structure, then you can't parse it with MRM. In the follow on releases of MRM, the story will radidally change.

For right now, I would strongly suggest utilizing the in-built New Era of Networks parsers (called NEON in the product). Using this technology, you can describe arbitrarily complex data formats and still have them parsed to the field level including tag delimited, variant structures.

For completness, a final solution would be the crafting of a custom parser in C but I would look at this (in this instance) as a far distant second choice to the New Era of Networks solution.
mapa
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thank you. I think it will be NEON, or that I might consider parsing it as a BLOB, and pick out the information that I need. I have not tried this before so I'll make a quick test first if considering this. Does not sound like the prettiest solution though.

Best regards Magnus
huebi
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
there was a discussion in the thread "MRM length" about that.

I had a similar problem. i got a message like 1234aabbcc with a header (1234) and records aa bb cc, unkown amount, but evry record same size. I read in the message as a blob, counting the records and reconstructed it to 1234
If youre records are varying (1234aaabccdddd) in size you need to use NEON.

cu
huebi
mapa
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thanks Huebi.
The records are of varying length.

However I have found the way how I'll do it.
I'll define the format in the NEON formatter and then use the NEONMSG domain. The NEONMSG domain parses the message so that I can map the fields in a compute node to the outgoing XML file structure.´

I made a quick test and it seem to be working just fine.
However, I would like to use an equivalance(or however that word is spelled) to the import/export gui in the old NEON formatter. We have Excel macros in place for this that can be used for generating formats from our inhouse descriptions. (No, I did not do them

Thanks for all the help so far

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Repeating records in MRM
Jump to: