ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP8301E: Failed to send initial registration to the User Na

BIP8301E: Failed to send initial registration to the User Na « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RichA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I am continuously getting this message, there is obviously a problem communicating between my broker and user name server is there anything anyone can think of that I may have missed? I have checked names and even tried deleting and recreating both broker and user name server to no avail. Please help.
Ward
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Might be stating the obvious but have you started the user name server ?

Cheers,

Ward.
RichA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Yep, I checked that again, I have done stupider things in the past so any recommendations would help thanks.
Ward
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Can you give some more info ? What platform is your broker & user name server on ? Are they on the same queue manager ? And if not, are channels available, up and running etc... Do you find any other error messages (in the syslog or eventlog) ?

RichA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Win 2K, they're on separate queue managers, but the channels are up, the listeners are running, everything seems to look right.
WMQI 2.1, CSD02

I'll just check the event log.
RichA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

( ConfigMgr ) A problem was detected with MQSeries while issuing MQOPEN for MQSeries queue 'SYSTEM.BROKER.SECURITY.QUEUE', MQSeries queue manager 'WMQI_QM'. MQCC=2, MQRC=2087.

The operation on the specified queue or queue manager returned with the indicated MQSeries completion and reason code.

Check the MQSeries completion and reason codes in the MQSeries Application Programming Reference manual to establish the cause of the error, taking any appropriate action. It may be necessary to restart the message broker after you have performed this recovery action. If an MQOPEN was unsuccessful because the queue manager or queue did not exist, then define these objects to MQSeries. If the problem was because incorrect object names were specified, then the message broker will try to recover, if the problem persists it may be necessary to restart the message broker.

Is it just going to be a case of creating that queue? I've checked the queue manager and it's not there, should I try deleting and recreating the broker again?
Ward
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

reason 2087 is unknown remote Queue Manager... not Queue !
RichA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Why is it saying that? It's complaining about a remote queue not existing when it's a local queue, it's the one the configMgr is running on.
Okay, I'm not exactly sure why, but I've got it working now, I changed the channel names, stopped and restarted the services and it picked up the queue managers okay and my UNS now appears to be working. Thanks for the help :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: RichA on 2002-04-19 02:02 ]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP8301E: Failed to send initial registration to the User Na
Jump to: