ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI & SAP Idocs

MQSI & SAP Idocs « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
huebi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Does anyone has experience with MQLink/MQSI/SA IDoc Technology ? How do you deal with variable message length in MQSI? The length of an IDoc is unpredictable?

I'm using MQSI on AIX. I do know the SupportPac IA0F, but this is restricted to MQSI on NT.

cu
huebi
mpuetz
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

I had the same trouble with IDOCs. The IDOC Parser plugin works well (under NT), but I couldn't get a timely commitment for an AIX version of it. Thus I wrote two parser subflows in ESQL which parse and construct any Version 4 IDOCs.
It uses similar techniques as the IDOC Parser Plugin (The docs of this plugin are a must read) and you must import the SAP generated C-headers into MRM and define MRM messages for each IDOC segment and the segment headers you plan to use.
I will wrap this up for anyone in need and post a web address where you can download the flows by the end of next week.

Cheers,
Mathias
Armin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Is this webpage already existing?

I have to generate IDOCs with repeating segments and the repeat-count is not fix.

Armin
jhalstead
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Another option is to use NEON adapter manager, this will extract the SAP IDoc meta data and allow the use of the complementary NEON components.

In version 2.0.2 information in the NEON domain is available for interaction with ESQL.

samimohd
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Are you using MQ Link for R/3 ?. Every SAP IDOC is has the following structure:
One Control record and multiple repeated segments. Control record is always 524 bytes and each segment is 1063 bytes. I recommend using NEON formatter for in combination with R/3 link. When you download the formats through NEON adapter manager, it creates for you the whole idoc format exactly as the SAP IDOC and total length fields of control record will be 524 bytes and segments will be 1030 bytes.So it is short by 33 bytes. Yuo should add filler of 33 bytes to each sgement of the neon idoc format. So when the idoc comes from sap, even thoough there are only couple of segments and ony couple of fields are used, the formatter takes care of this as long as as the total length of the formatter fields of a segment is 1063. I hope this info is helpful. Let me know if you need more assistance. Or you can send me a note at mohammed@us.ibm.com.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSI & SAP Idocs
Jump to: