ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQ Visual Edit reading local vs remote QM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 MQ Visual Edit reading local vs remote QM « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hguapluas
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: MQ Visual Edit reading local vs remote QM Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for creating MQVE. I have noticed something though. Can you clarify if it is working as planned?

I loaded MQVE on a box with MQ (Cluster, FR). I want to read a Queue on a remote box (Cluster, PR) but when I point the connection to that remote QM, MQVE is reading the Queue on the local box saying that I can only 'Put' to it (That in itself is not an error. It's just that it is not reading the Queue that I pointed it to read). I've pointed it to the remote box by address, yet it is still reading the copy of the Queue on the local box where MQVE is installed rather than from the remote box so that I can browse the remote Queue.

It does work perfectly fine if I move MQVE to a box that does not have MQ that is not hosting those Queues. It seems that it is reading the local QM and finding a match before it goes out to the remote box.

Just wondering if this was planned or have I run into unexpected situation. Using the latest MQVE (just downloaded & registered it from your site about a week ago.)
dgolding
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

I know nothing of MQVE and perhaps the owner of the product will beat me up, BUT - you cannot read from a queue defined as a remote, when connected to a server. Probably this is your problem.....
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

Mr Golding is correct. MQ does not allow a program to read 'Get' from a remote queue or in your case, a cluster queue not hosted locally.

MQVE can connect to any local or remote queue manager. It sounds like your problem is that where ever you are running MQVE, you are ONLY defining connections to the local queue manager(s).

When you define a remote queue manager in MQVE, you MUST specify the following 3 parameters (besides the remote queue manager name):
- Channel Name i.e. SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN
- Hostname / IP i.e. 10.1.10.1
- Port # i.e. 1414

This will allow you read and write messages to the remote queue manager.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, don't know what to say. I uninstalled and reinstalled and repointed to the target queue and it is working today. Must have "Homer'd" it somehow yesterday or the stars are in synch today. I think I "Homer'd" it. Doeh!

Either way, thanks!

BTW, everything was defined as you suggested as when I reinstalled, I used the settings from prior install.
hguapluas
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Oops, forgot to login. The "guest" post was mine.

I also was not trying to read a remote queue, rather, trying to read the local queue on the remote system. But as I said, I think I "Homer'd" it. Doeh!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Archives - All » MQ Visual Edit reading local vs remote QM
Jump to: