ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NEONRules vs. NEONRulesEvaluation

NEONRules vs. NEONRulesEvaluation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mapa
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi everyone,
I have upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2. I have old NEON stuff that has been exported to the new NEON 5.2. Testing the rules with msgtest have been correct.
The subscription is doing a Reformat(now deprecated) and a Put Queue.
I've built two flows in MQSI, one that is using the NEONRulesEvaluation(domain NEONMSG) and one that is using the NEONRules(domain NEON).
The reason for this is that I've run three different input/output subscriptions through MQSI. Only two of the NEONRulesEvaluation flows goes through correctly, but all three is ok when using the NEONRules node.
(Both flows are basically MQinput->NEONRules->MQoutput and errorhandling.)
The parsing of the third flow when using NEONRulesEvaluation fails and generates an error. (Unfortunately I don't have access to the machine today). Reading the documentation about the nodes in the Using the Control Center didn't make me much wiser except for that the internal parsing in MQSI is done differently.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that either there is a bug, or that I should always use NEONRules when having "Reformat" in the subscription and NEONRulesEvaluation when using "Transform".
Anyone that has something to say about this?

P.S. I found out about this forum last week and it seem to be a good one, first post got abit long perhaps...:smile:

[ This Message was edited by: mapa on 2001-08-14 05:04 ]
Nick Lethbridge
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I managed to get the NEONRulesEvaluation node to work ok with a Reformat followed by a Put Queue (domain NEONMSG), but when I tried to use a Transform action instead of the Reformat it failed with an error 1066.

Has anyone managed to get the Transform action to work ?
artist
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE are also experiencing problems with NEONRulesEvaluation. Very basic executions appear to work okay, but some existing rules/formats that run okay under MQSI V2.0.1 do not under V2.0.2. In the user and/or system traces, the problem appears as a BIP2628E message stating that NNDOData.cpp Line 2267 failed to allocate memory. We have 1GB Real backed by 2.5GB Virtual memory, and it is not being heavily utilized, so memory is avialable.

I have raised PMR 01702 with IBM and they have told me that they have a similar problem which is described by PMR 29916.

Hope this info helps.

Alan

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NEONRules vs. NEONRulesEvaluation
Jump to: