ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Assured delivery of messages in Clustering

Assured delivery of messages in Clustering « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pichelma
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I hope these question's are not too petty!

First off, can Qmgr's be setup on a 1 - 2/3 basis? Meaning, usually a Qmgr is setup on one(local) machine and one on a remote machine or 1 to 1.
What if a customer request's a many remote(machines) Qmgr's that are to communicate w/ just one Local Qmgr. on a machine. I assume this is still possible?

Next, just wondering if a power failure occur's w/ a clustering setup, I would assume that messages are saved in one of the Qmgr's in the cluster? Does the repository play a role for backup? Or I assume another Qmgr. can be used to "cache" or save the message?

I hope these are relevant questions, TIA!

I will be more than happy to explain further, if needed.

-Scott

EddieA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Scott,

Firstly, any Queue Manager can communicate with any number of other Queue Managers, (always assuming that they've been configured correctly. ) provided you don't exceed the MaxChannels and MaxActiveChannels.

As to your other question. If a power outage occurs on a Queue Manager, then those messages (that are defined as persistent), that are currently on queues owned by that queue manager will be recovered correctly when the Queue Manager is restarted. That Queue Manager is the only one who has access to those messages.

The Repository is used to hold information about the Cluster. Which Queue Managers are in the Cluster, where these Queue Managers reside, which Queues have been declared as Cluster Queues, etc. etc.

Cheers,

pichelma
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for the info!

-S

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Assured delivery of messages in Clustering
Jump to: