ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSeries Adapter and Notes Integration ! Urgent

MQSeries Adapter and Notes Integration ! Urgent « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Deepak Batra
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

I need some info. how to integrate MQSeries Adapter with lotus notes or how to create adapter for lotus notes .
Is there any out of Box adapter offered by IBM for lotus Notes .

Would be very thankfull for urgent response .

Thanks
Deepak
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You don't state your requirement? Is it to send Email from MQSeries messages? In which case the MQSI SMTP plug-in would probably be one approach.

As I keep posting - MQ Update issue Feb 2000 has a working example in it. This article is based on an IBM example of how to update a Notes database from MQSeries using Lotuscript and the MQLSX. But IBM appear to have withdrawn the support pacs for the LSX - so unless you get them from somewhere else it looks like Java is your best method to integrate the two IBM technologies.

You might find a redbook on the subject of Java and Notes/Domino at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com - adding MQSeries to Java is of course very easy.

However why not tell us the requirements?

[ This Message was edited by: zpat on 2002-03-05 13:27 ]
Deepak Batra
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

Thanks for reply . My requirement is as follows :
I had developed Inventory Management Apps using Lotus Domino on windows NT platform . The apps has few services which need to be called by other apps which is not using domino platform . i am already using MQSeries for integration to other apps . I was planning to make adapter for my apps so that if any application needs to use the services can be invoked irrespective of platform or technology used .
I had gone thru on notes and few other IBM web site but was not able to find anything about Notes Adapter . i had seen few other adapters for SAP , Oracle .
could u please let me know that can i use MQSeries Adapter for lotus Notes or is there any out of box adapter which integrates with notes .
I had installed MQAdapter builder and gone thru that it seems to be using c, cobol and java functions only .
Please do mail me if u think the info. is not sufficient .
batradeepak@yahoo.com .

Thanks
Deepak
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

OK, you want access to a Notes application via MQSeries. What you need to watch for is that most Notes interfaces are designed the other way around, for Notes applications to access back-end systems like CICS and MQSeries.

Your requirement can be met by coding a Notes Agent that receives MQSeries messages and accessed the Notes database/application and replies via MQSeries.

This agent might be triggered or long-running (but be aware this will tie up one of the Notes server agent tasks). It can be written most easily in Lotuscript (except IBM have withdrawn the support Pacs - I have them and I imagine they can still be obtained from IBM if you ask your local support contacts).

The best "supported" option would be to code a Notes agent in Java, which is triggered on message arrival and deals with the MQ request and reply. The Java problem can have full access to MQSeries (either using MQ client or MQ server depending which is installed on the Notes server - I suggest client) and to Notes using the Notes Java classes.

A redbook might help:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG245425.html

Or search http://www.redbooks.ibm.com for java and domino
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

There is something "out of the box" - it's called the "MQSeries link extra agent for Notes". It's a sample Notes database with a Lotuscript agent, it requires MQLSX.DLL (this ships with MQSeries).

http://www.notes.net is a good site (search the "gold" forum for "MQSeries").

Look at this IBM manual:

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/library/manuals99/amqzau/amqzau.htm

And appendix A and B describes the Notes Agent.

However the actual source may be in the withdrawn support pac.

I think we should campaign to restore MQLSX support - Java is many times more complex and LS is still supported by Domino. There is no reason why the support pacs shouldn't remain functional even if new features are not added to them. Come on IBM!

[ This Message was edited by: zpat on 2002-03-06 04:09 ]
Deepak Batra
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

Thanks for help. The information provided by u was really useful .
I had also gone thru some tools provided by lotus (Lotus enterprise Integrator) i think that will solve my purpose .
One last help man is it possible for u to send ur mail id so that i can store in my database for near future .

Bye
Deepak Batra

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQSeries Adapter and Notes Integration ! Urgent
Jump to: