ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » CPU Usage...

CPU Usage... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
aboggis
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: CPU Usage... Reply with quote

Centurion

Environment: Solaris 5.8 (24 CPUs, 96Gb RAM), WMQ 5.3, CSD05.

I have a cluster of 4 queue managers. This past weekend we were running some tests sending volumes of messages. After a period of time we had some application issues (not MQ) on two of the receiving queue managers. Eventually several local queues filled and, as expected the cluster receiver channal on those queue managers went into a PAUSED state and messages (to the tune of > 500,000) have piled up on the sending system's SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE. This all comes as no surprise and I'd expect to hear you all say "working as designed".

My question is this... on the "backed up" system, which to all intents and purposes, is now idle (no applications are sending messages), why is my CPU usage (process: amqzlaa0_nd) pretty much maxing out one of the systems CPU's? 'top' shows a CPU time for amqzlaa0_nd of 41.5H.

The sending system is actually showing the cluster sender channels as RUNNING, but the receiving end is showing a status of PAUSED.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » CPU Usage...
Jump to: