ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » CLUSTER connection problem

CLUSTER connection problem « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
peterw686
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: CLUSTER connection problem Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi All,

I am facing a challenge here.

We have a cluster C1 joined by three QMs (GQM1, GQM2 and EQM). GQM1 and GQM2 are full repository. There is a cluster Queue (GTE_Q) defined on EQM and a cluster Queue (ETG_Q) on both GQM1 and GQM2.

The work flow will be:
Send a message to GTE_Q via GQM1 or GQM2 and waiting for the reply from EQM; The EQM put the response message into ETG_Q.

Right now, the problem is that sometimes, the channel connection between GQM1 or GQM2 with EQM; in this situation, the request messages will be blocked in the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE of the GQM1 or GQM2 and they will be sent out until the connection is recovered. However, in this case, it already missed the response in time.

My question is if there is a way to realize the connection problem so that we don't need to waiste request messages.

A related question is how the connection problem could happened in a cluster environment? Both QMs haven't changed the configuration for long time.

Thanks in advanced.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Quote:

My question is if there is a way to realize the connection problem so that we don't need to waiste request messages.

Not really. You could pulse dummy messages through the system and raise a flag if any go missing. Overkill I think.

Or you monitor the channels and/or the depths of the XMIT queues and page someone when things go wrong.

Quote:

A related question is how the connection problem could happened in a cluster environment?

Same as any other environment. Network problems. Someone makes a change and doesn't tell you. The listener craps out on one box. On and on and on.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » CLUSTER connection problem
Jump to: