ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQSeries Reports

MQSeries Reports « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
petefrancis
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sending a message to MQSeries with "Confirmation on Arrival" and "Confirmation on Delivery" variables set. When I was running the sending and receiving applications and MQSeries on one machine this was fine, the message were created and put into my Report queue.

Now I am running the sending application and receiving applications on different machines. Each machine has MQSeries installed with its own Queue Manager. I have a Transmission queue on each queue manager and channels between the two. At the sending end I have a remote queue definition of a queue on the receiving end which I am putting the messages on. These are placed on the queue and consumed without any problems. However, I am now not getting reports generated. Should the Report queue be defined at the sending or receiving end? It is currently defined on the sending end with a remote queue definition at the receiving end but no reports are generated.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong or point me at some relevant docs?

Thanks in advance
Peter Francis
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

On the sending side (on queue manager QM1), make sure that the putting app is filling in the reply2queue field with the name of the queue (ReplyQ1) that you want the COA and COD reports to come back to. You should leave the Reply2queuemanager field blank on the put; the queue manager will automaticaly fill in it's name (this is nice because now you can move your app between a DEV queue manager and a prod queue manager with no code changes, provided that the queue names are the same on the 2 platforms).

Make sure the putting app sets the message type to Request.

On the recieving side (QM2), you only need a transmit queue with the name of QM1. This QM1 transmit queue should be associated with the channel QM2.QM1. I would get rid of the remote queue definition on QM2 that points to ReplyQ1/QM1. If you keep this remote def, now you have one more thing to worry about in that you have to make sure both names are in sync.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQSeries Reports
Jump to: