ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support »  ORACLE ODBC question

ORACLE ODBC question « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kwelch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

I had my MQSI messageflows working fine in the DEV environment. Now I moved to the QA environment and it does not work. The only difference is that in the DEV environment we were running MQSI on an NT box and in QA we are running on a UNIX box. I get a database error saying my datasource is incorrect. It seems that there is no ODBC connection setup and we do not know how this is done in UNIX. Does anyone know what needs to be done so that MQSI can connect to the database?

Thanks,

Karen
amigupta1978
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
Which Unix are u using and which database are u using.
In AIX u can set up the database by having an entry in the /var/mqsi/odbc/.odbc.ini file . There are some sample connection strings provided there which shows how to connect to different databases i.e how to connect to DB2, oracle etc. You can see them.
ALso make sure that the database user which u have defined in the mqsicreatebroker command should have sufficient privileages to connect to that database..
Amit
kwelch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Amit,

I am not sure what you mean by which UNIX. I know nothing of UNIX. Is Solaris a type of UNIX? The database is ORACLE 8.1.7. We are using MQSI 2.0.1. The id has authority as we can go in through SQLPLUS and connect. It is only through MQSI that we can't connect. It says that the datasource does not exist or is coded improperly. I tried looking for /var/mqsi/odbc/.odbc.ini and it does not exist. Should it?

I can only relate to the ODBC connection we setup on NT and I code the datasource name from there into my MQSI flow and that works. In UNIX I do not know how to set up the equivalent of that.

Thanks for any further clarification that you might be able to provide.

Karen

[ This Message was edited by: kwelch on 2002-02-08 10:49 ]
amigupta1978
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

hi..
I was asking this only...so u are using the Solaris..
Well I dont know exact directory structure in the solaris enviornment (u can read the release notes for solaris) but one thing is for sure that .odbc.ini file exist in that thing too..just try to find that file in the Solaris..
aso how did u create your broker in the Solaris?? Did u follow the steps as they are provided in the MQSI installation guide, There it mention about all the things. Is your MQSI v2.01. is already running fine in the Solaris environment then somebody must have set up all the configurations already so in that case you just have to write ur odbc datasource name in the .odbc.ini file or for more clarifications just read that guide. MQSI relaase notes for Solaris and the MQSI installtion and administration guide.
Amit
kwelch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi Amit,

I did not create the Broker but I am sure that the person who did create it followed the steps. I found the reference you were referring to in the MQSI admin guide and forwarded it on to my MQSI admin and the Oracle admins. and hopefully they will be able to make some sense out of it. Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Karen

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support »  ORACLE ODBC question
Jump to: