ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » control center connection to remote config manager.

control center connection to remote config manager. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rludena
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to connect to a config manager on MQSI V2.02 running on windows 2000 server. I have a control center running succesfully on the server. I installed the control center on an NT 4.o workstation. along with the SDK and online doc. Heres the problem: the control center gui comes up with no problem on the NT workstation but when I enter the configuration manager information on the popup dialog (Host name, port, queue mgr name etc...) I click on the OK command button and get no response. I can ping the server from the workstation no problem, and am able to use the web admin interface to talk to the config manager queue from the NT workstation as well. Is there any other steps involved in getting the control center to work remotely?

Thanks in advance for your response.

-- Rudy
kirani
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Make sure the Configuration Manager service running and your ID is setup on MQSI server with proper authorizations.

Kiran
rludena
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The configuration manager is running because I can work in the local instance of the control center on the Server itself. The ID i am using is a member of MQM and MQBRKRS group. any other Ideas?
jhalstead
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Have you installed the MQSeries client on the NT box you're running the control centre from?
rludena
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I have the MQ client installed as well as the MA_88 support pac with the Java Base classes. I have verified that the MQ java is setup by succesfully executing MQI calls against the Queue manager on windows 2000. The java app is running on the NT workstation.
amigupta1978
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,
Can u tell me what exact response are you getting. I mean there is absolutely no response or are u getting some time out messages. Can u chk the application log in the Windows NT viewer probably this wud help. and also check the security thing that whether the userid from which u are logging into ur remote machine shud be member of mqm,mqbrkrs,mqbrkdevt and all the mqsi(all starting with mq) groups both on ur remote machine and the actual machine where your configuration manager is running or not.
Amit
chanduy9
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,
you should have your user name and password on that server(where MQSI installed), if it is running on domain, your user name should be added to the domain and make sure that you have assigned proper authorizations to that user...hope this will work
Chandra.
TonyD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Have you looked in the Event Viewer (Application) on the machine where you are running the Control Centre?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » control center connection to remote config manager.
Jump to: