ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » AS/400 sender channel is not running automatically

AS/400 sender channel is not running automatically « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
venkat kurra
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
We are sending messages from AS/400 to Windows 2000.AS/400 sender channel is pinging but unable to send messages.When i start sender channel then those messages are sending fine.After disconnection interval(6000sec) it comes to inactive but again it has to START to send messages otherwise it is not sending messages.No errors in the error log.Just it show the channel ended normally.One more windows2000 connected to same AS/400(before this setup) and That sender channel from AS/400 to Windows200 is working fine(right now also).i don't have this problem.All attributes of both sender channels are same.What is the problem?shell i use more then one sender channel with same SYSTEM.CHANNEL.INITQ?
Thanks,
Venkat

[ This Message was edited by: venkat kurra on 2001-12-06 07:17 ]
venkat kurra
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
I look at Intercommunication book chapter 32(pg 443).There we have information about to start a channel.One channel initiator is started automatically when the queue manager is started.So just for checking i deleted one (unnecessary)sender channel which starts automatically,even i got same problem.I have to start every time.For temporary purpose i put more value for disconnection interval.
Any one having idea about qm.ini file for the queue manager on AS/400 to change default sender channel.
Thanks,
Venkat
pcrparimi
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,
you can use disconnect interval as 0(zero), so it would never stops once you start it. but i am not sure any impact on performance because of this.

Poornachandra Rao
ballplayer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

You can also use a channel initiator to automatically start the Sender channel once a message arrives on the transmission queue in AS/400 before going to Windows. The MQSeries manual doesn't really explain this too well, but to get you started, you'll need to define the following objects:

Initiation Queue

Process (where USERDATA is set to Sender Channel's name and INITQ is set to the Initation Queue you defined

Transmission Queue (turn TRIGGER on and set PROCESS to the one you defined)

Then use the RUNMQCHLI CL command to start the initiatior giving the Initiation Queue as a parameter.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Couldn't you skip the process part of this by doing the following to the XMIT queue?

1. Leave Process name blank.
2. Fill in the Init queue parameter.
3. In Triggerdata, fill in the name of the channel to be started.
4. Set triggering on and set it to OnFirst.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » AS/400 sender channel is not running automatically
Jump to: