ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Entity 'root' has insufficient authority to access object

Entity 'root' has insufficient authority to access object « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kuankuo123
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:18 am    Post subject: Entity 'root' has insufficient authority to access object Reply with quote

Dear All,

In IBM Websphere MQ, I create a "UAPL106FTP" Queue Manager with channel "UAPL10SFTP.SVRCHL.04", which is "SVRCONN" CHLTYPE.

and also set channel's MCAUSER(wasadm) to be "wasadm".

The channel also set SSL configuration with below channel properity setting
SSLCAUTH(required)
SSLCIPH(XXXXXXXXX_256_CBC_SHA384)

Now, I have the application UAT Linux server, and I log on with "wasadm" user to run the Jave code application to connect to the MQ server with SSL key store.

The SSL configuration is successful pass, but it still fail with "2035" MQRC_NOT_AUTHORIZED issue.

After I checking the queue manager(UAPL106FTP) errors log, it show with below error message:

01/05/2023 05:13:05 AM - Process(31009.74311) User(mqm) Program(amqzlaa0)
Host(hkl25091959) Installation(Installation1)
VRMF(9.2.0.6) QMgr(UAPL106FTP)
Time(2023-01-04T21:13:05.033Z)
CommentInsert1(root)
CommentInsert2(UAPL106FTP [qmgr])
CommentInsert3(connect)

AMQ8077W: Entity 'root' has insufficient authority to access object UAPL106FTP [qmgr]

I run the java program with "wasadm" user in UAT application server, and also set the MCAUSER to be "wasadm" in channel setting.

From the error log message, it shows that it using the "root" entity to connect the queue manager.

I have set the Channel MCAUSER to be "wasadm", why it still "root" entity to connect the queue manage?

Dear all, if you know the reason, please help to explian the root cause to me that why it use "root" entity to connect the queue manager? thanks a lot.
exerk
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Check the user that you are actually running the application under - just because you logged on as user wasadm does not mean that is what is being passed to the queue manager as the user.

Also, please display the values of the AUTHINFO object being used by your queue manager, and any CHLAUTH objects set for user wasadm, thank you.

Also, locked as a duplicate to the same post in General IBM MQ Support, which has more answers...
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Entity 'root' has insufficient authority to access object
Jump to: