ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WebSphere Adapter for JDBC WMQI

WebSphere Adapter for JDBC WMQI « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
roasta_3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject: WebSphere Adapter for JDBC WMQI Reply with quote

Is there any other user available to use like IBM WebSphere Adapter for JDBC WMQI where we can poll database to sent data as message to a queue?

we are using IBM WebSphere Adapter for JDBC 6 but it is out of support, even i am not able to installed it on windows 10 even setting compatibility option.

So need something similary to collect data from Database to MQ queue.

hope you guys could guide me to check something similary.

thanks
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...polling the database and retrieving the details can be achieved via the out of the box DatabaseInput node itself, review the below and see

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/app-connect/12.0?topic=integration-responding-database-updates

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/app-connect/12.0?topic=databases-event-based-database-integration

Once the data is retrieve you can do whatever you want with it including sending it to an MQ queue.
roasta_3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello abhi_thri.

Thanks for your support, I know this option came with previously verison, but on my understanding ... it means that i have to add one DataBaseInputNode per source, so if i want to use same flow for 200 different inputs, i have to add 200 DataBaseInputNode to reach data for 200 different hosts, so i guess it could impact performance at Network level and it could be some costly.

so as I am using IBM WebSphere Adapter for JDBC 6, it could be installed at every host and could be have one QM per source to send data by QueueRemote to IIB or ACE but as you know Adapter for JDBC is out of support by vendor, so i need something like this to get support in case some issue, is there any other solution or approach like this?

Thanks.
I appreciate your time.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...have you considered upgrading to the latest version of the JDBC adapter (7.5), it supports upto Windows 7.

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-websphere-adapter-jdbc-version-75-system-requirements#Windows_tab

For the long term approach guess you could discuss the options with IBM to see what their recommendation is.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WebSphere Adapter for JDBC WMQI
Jump to: