ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Access to securityIdentity in Java or E-SQL node

Access to securityIdentity in Java or E-SQL node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
melda
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Access to securityIdentity in Java or E-SQL node Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a request to communicate with some external system. I have Java client (there is some proprietary network protocol). Part of the API is authentication (IIB has to be authenticated to backend). Unfortunately I can't use e.g. TLS, I'm limited to username and password. I search the way, how to store login information centrally (not in properties on the node in every flow) and at least bit more securely.

In WebSphere Application Server has so called J2C Authentication Alias. The admin can set username and password centrally. Application then reads the J2C Alias to get username and password (there exists API on WAS for this task). I see similar concept in securityIdentity property in IIB, but I didn't find a way, how to setup custom securityIdentity (there are some predefined, e.g. for DB access or MQ access) and how to extract username and password from them in nodes (JavaCompute, ESQL, Adapter). Is there such way, or is IIB missing this concept?

Thank you...
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Access to securityIdentity in Java or E-SQL node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

melda wrote:
Hello,

I have a request to communicate with some external system. I have Java client (there is some proprietary network protocol). Part of the API is authentication (IIB has to be authenticated to backend). Unfortunately I can't use e.g. TLS, I'm limited to username and password. I search the way, how to store login information centrally (not in properties on the node in every flow) and at least bit more securely.

In WebSphere Application Server has so called J2C Authentication Alias. The admin can set username and password centrally. Application then reads the J2C Alias to get username and password (there exists API on WAS for this task). I see similar concept in securityIdentity property in IIB, but I didn't find a way, how to setup custom securityIdentity (there are some predefined, e.g. for DB access or MQ access) and how to extract username and password from them in nodes (JavaCompute, ESQL, Adapter). Is there such way, or is IIB missing this concept?

Thank you...

I'm sure it does exist. At the same time I don't think the api for accessing that information is public. Your best bet is to state your case in a PMR.
jamshoo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Did you got the solution Reply with quote

Did you got the solution
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...you are better off starting a new topic with a clear problem description and the options you already tried.

With regards to providing credentials there are multiple ways to do that via IIB/ACE, start with mqsivault/credentials -https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/app-connect/11.0.0?topic=enterprise-configuring-encrypted-security-credentials

You could use an User defined policy if you really want to access the details within the flow,

https://www.ibm.com/mysupport/s/question/0D50z000062kxvkCAA/can-you-retrieve-dbparms-credentials-from-javaesql-in-an-iib-flow?language=en_US

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Access to securityIdentity in Java or E-SQL node
Jump to: