ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Can I call an ESQL function in a different project?

Can I call an ESQL function in a different project? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
LearnMQSI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Can I call an ESQL function in a different project? Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi There,

I have been looking for a scope of calling an ESQL function. My question is if I have write an ESQL function in a project say DateFunc.

I need the same functionality in an another project. I'm thinking may be I can reuse the same function which I wrote in prj1. Is it possible?

Is there any document or link where I can spend sometime and understand calling functions and procedures scopes.

Of course, I'm talking about WBIMB v6.

Thanks in advance!!!
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

So, of course, you need to read about schemas.

And then you can use project references to make the toolkit aware of the other project.
LearnMQSI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

jefflowrey wrote:
So, of course, you need to read about schemas.

And then you can use project references to make the toolkit aware of the other project.

Hi Jefflowrey,

Thanks for your response but I spent sometime on INFOCENTER and I got the answer.
elvis_gn
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi LearnMQSI,
LearnMQSI wrote:
Hi Jefflowrey,

Thanks for your response but I spent sometime on INFOCENTER and I got the answer.

Thats why we ask you to search and do some RnD and then post...

Another suggestion...when u know that some functions might be used by different projects, you should put them under some utility ESQL file or something...its a better standard...so others know ur using common functions and not fetching something from some other projects...

Regards.
LearnMQSI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

elvis_gn wrote:
Hi LearnMQSI,
LearnMQSI wrote:
Hi Jefflowrey,

Thats why we ask you to search and do some RnD and then post...

Another suggestion...when u know that some functions might be used by different projects, you should put them under some utility ESQL file or something...its a better standard...so others know ur using common functions and not fetching something from some other projects...

Regards.

Hi Jefflowrey,

Again, thank you so much for all your help and ideas. Here I'm to learn no matter how long I'm working with this technology. Though it sounds good putting functions in a common area but did not understand fully what exactly you are talking. You mean to put all .esql files in one common project or folder which should be available to all other projects? I would be highly appreciated if you can shed light on it a little bit more details.

Thanks!!!
elvis_gn
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi LearnMQSI,

That wasn't Jeff, it was me

Anyway, what i meant was say you have three ESQL files.

ESQL_1
ESQL_2
ESQL_3

all three have modules which do some business process totally independant of the other....

But suppose all three use some code which is common, like a function to pick a currency value from a db or do a substring of a field and fetch a particular set of chars....

When u know functions like these are commonly used accross business processes(flows) place them in a common ESQL file...so all can come and access from one location and it becomed easier or a guy taking over ur code later....plus reduces ur code size...

I hope i made it simpler and not vice-versa

Regards.
madi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

i think u mean a common utility project which has this common ESQL file ........ i dont think a esql file can exist outside a project!!

--madi
LearnMQSI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi elvis_gn,

I'm sorry. yap, it was you who gave this good idea and thanks a lot for clear explanation.

I will disagree with madi as he/she mentioned that .esql files are not accessible from different projects.

From INFOCENTER, you can still access .esql files from different projects but it has to be a fullyqualified i.e. you need to mention complete path (broker schema path).

Please correct me if I'm wrong here or is it just limited to access ESQL Functions and Procedures only.

btw, I thanks to madi as well for his/her views. This way we can have a better understanding!!!
madi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

of course we can access esql files from other projects!! u just need to reference the project u want to connect

what i meant was .... you cannot have a ESQL file floating around not being in any project......... u need to place it in some project ..... which is the common utility i was talking about

--madi
elvis_gn
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi guys,

Everything HAS to be in some or the other project....that applies for Message sets too.

You can have a common utility project...

putting the utility ESQL file in one business specific project and everyone accessing that project would make others believe that that business process is integrated with all the other referencing processes...

avoid the confusion and have a utility project that can not only have utility ESQL but also common subflows....for example error logging flows,some common web services etc.

Regards.
satendranegi
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here I am in 2021, we call it now IBM App Connect Enterprise now

you can put the eqls in library and use them across

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Can I call an ESQL function in a different project?
Jump to: