ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MFTE and logging behaviour

MFTE and logging behaviour « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
petervh1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject: MFTE and logging behaviour Reply with quote

Centurion

Can someone assist me in determining how much MQ log space is used by MFTE transactions?

Does MFTE write log info at intervals during file transfer based on some setting? Or is the entire file size to be transferred considered as a single active unit of work?

Thanks in advance
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

I don't know if MFT agents use syncpoint UOW. Every file chunk message (32K bytes) is a separate entity on the DATA queue. The 2 MFT agents manage the partial / in progress status of the transfer using messages on their STATE queues.

It is OK to terminate an agent, or even kill it, reboot the server etc. and any in-progress file transfers will be recovered and continued by the agents when they are running. Even if msgs are removed from the DATA queue, the agents will still be able to recover, and complete the transfer.
petervh1
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to determine how I should define the size/number of log files for circular logging for a qmgr, and whether I need to take into account the size of large files processed via MFTE.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

DATA messages are non-persistent, so they won't be logged.

AFAIK, MFT does not have any potential for long running UOW, so there are no particular concerns regarding planning for recovery log sizing.

One qmgr can easily support the messaging requirements for 1000+ production MFT agents (we do it).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MFTE and logging behaviour
Jump to: