ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB9.0.0.1 MQGet Plugin?

IIB9.0.0.1 MQGet Plugin? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bdaoust
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject: IIB9.0.0.1 MQGet Plugin? Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi everyone:

I've done some MQ Broker development in the past and I'm being asked to look at message flow that someone created at my company years ago.

According to the deployed BAR on the execution group, it was last modified back in 2013.

The message flow itself shows an error coming from a node that looks to tie back to an MQGet plugin. com.plugin.MQGet 1.0.0 is what I see.

The error says "the user defined node project was created using Websphere Message Broker Toolkit v7.0 or earlier. It must be migrated to the current level"

I don't know anything about the MQGet plugin and there is no documentation that I can find.

I'm assuming based on the set properties that I can see is that it performs a GET from a queue. (?) IIB9 has a native MQGet node, so I figured I could just try using that rather than the plugin.

Here is the thing - the MQGet plugin queue that I can see defined in the plugins properties does not exist on any of our queue managers.

Is my assumption correct that if the queue does exists, then there is no sense in getting the MQ Get plugin to work? One of our MQ Support guys suggested that we could create the queue - but my answer was - "sure but who is putting a message there? If we don't know that - then what's the point of creating a queue that will never have a message put to it"

Yes, this is an example of something being developed years ago and no one knows the functionality or anything about it. I'm just reporting what I'm seeing.

I should mentioned also that the deployed BAR file under the EG does not show any evidence of this MQGet plugin being contained in the BAR. However the current deployed BAR seems to be working code because when we did a request- we received a reply. The issue is that request / reply flow has a message set that needs some things added to it, then we need to compile a new BAR once that is done. With the MQ GET plugin error - I cannot generate the BAR.

My questions:

1) Does anyone have a link pointing me to the plug with src and documentation?
2) Is my assumption correct that if the MQ Get plugin is configured for a queue that isn't there - there must be something writing to that queue?

Thanks,
Brian
mgk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Hi Brian.

So moving to a more recent version like ACE 11 or 12 and using the built-in MQGet node would get you a more up to date environment.

As for 1: The plugin is obsolete as the product added the built-in node years ago so it may not be easy/possible to get the docs for it any longer.

As for 2: Is it possible that a part of the flow itself (or another flow in the same or different bar file) is writing to the queue in an MQOutput node?

Kind regards,

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB9.0.0.1 MQGet Plugin?
Jump to: