ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Multi-Instance IIB Nodes

Multi-Instance IIB Nodes « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mca
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject: Multi-Instance IIB Nodes Reply with quote

Disciple

We are migrating IIB v9 -> ACE v11 for our new customer and the Prod instance is implementing Multi-Instance concept (Active - Passive). We implemented a POC for this few years ago and we tested that the Passive/Stand-By coming up when Active instance goes down.

But the customer is asking to implement the fail-over at EG level like if the Execution Group on active instance goes down, the EG on Passive need to come up. Is that possible in Multi-Instance concept that failover happens at EG, not Broker / IIB node level ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
timber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

My understanding is as follows. Obviously, you should fact-check everything that I say, and I may be wrong.

Quote:
Is that possible in Multi-Instance concept that failover happens at EG, not Broker / IIB node level ?
Yes and no.

The current solution relies on product features in MQ and IIB (plus some requirements on the file system). This is a well-tested and reliable approach for an active/passive IIB setup.

The only way to implement failover at the EG level would be
- stop using Integration Nodes
- start using standalone Integration Servers (EGs)
- use the facilities of your container platform (so not IBM product features to implement failover

I may be wrong, but I think the answer to your question is 'no'. You cannot combine the multi-instance concept with standalone-integration-servers-in-containers. They are completely different approaches.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Multi-Instance IIB Nodes
Jump to: