ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect InfluxDB (Time series data) from ACE toolkit

Connect InfluxDB (Time series data) from ACE toolkit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Rajdeep
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Connect InfluxDB (Time series data) from ACE toolkit Reply with quote

Need to Connect to InfluxDB (Time series data) from ACE toolkit and perform insertion
Is that done by configuring ACE server with mqsetdbparms ?
Or do we need to perform any additional steps to achieve connection with InfluxDB
Also let me know which node i can use also to perform insert data into InfluxDB
timber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Need to Connect to InfluxDB (Time series data) from ACE toolkit
Do really want to connect from the toolkit? Surely you need to connect from the ACE runtime. You may want to configure a connection from the toolkit to help with development, but that won't help once the application is deployed.
Quote:
Is that done by configuring ACE server with mqsetdbparms ?
Well, that command often comes into the picture when you need to connect to a database. But there are usually other things that need to be done as well. Please tell us what you have already done, so that we don't tell you to do it all over again.
Quote:
Also let me know which node i can use also to perform insert data into InfluxDB
How do you intend to connect to InfluxDB? Via ODBC, JDBC or something else?
Rajdeep
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi we have to start it yet but i have not found any topic related to it as influx DB is used for Time series data and when i checked with IBM They have mentioned below statment :

"
Hi Rajdeep, thanks for the reply. ACE has not been tested with influxDB but you can open a 'product enhancement' request querying whether it can be done under a future version of ACE.

Having said that, if it has a compliant odbc or jdbc driver then it may work but we would not be able to assist in setting it up etc"
timber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
we have to start it yet
That's what I thought. You will struggle to ask the correct questions and understand the answers until you actually try to make progress yourself.

IBM's response is spot-on...you first need to decide how you are going to connect to the database. Everything else depends on that. If it uses (say) JDBC then you can do some reading in the IBM docs to find out how to connect to a JDBC database.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect InfluxDB (Time series data) from ACE toolkit
Jump to: