ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Configure userid/password in JNDI file with JMSAdmin ?

Configure userid/password in JNDI file with JMSAdmin ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqtech01
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Configure userid/password in JNDI file with JMSAdmin ? Reply with quote

Hello,
is there a way to configure user ID and password in JNDI file with JMSAdmin so they are passed in MQCSP structure?

We have 3rd-party JMS application running on number of servers with the same user id. We would like to authenticate the connection with user id and password. I found we can use security exit if we use CCDT to inject userID/password, but I cannot find much about configuring the same in JNDI.
Any other thoughts?

CCDT securit exit to inject userID/password:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.sec.doc/q114370_.htm
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Usually if you use a J2EE server there is a way to specify a JAAS userid and password to be used with the resource setup. However if you are using straight JMS and not J2EE, I would suggest that you do use the client side security exit (mqccred).
tczielke
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

When I use JMSAdmin at MQ 9.1.0.4 to display my client CF definitions, I do see this attribute being listed:

Code:

USERAUTHMQCSP(NO)

However, I can't find any documentation for this attribute in the MQ 9.1 manual on how to configure it or what it exactly means. Maybe I am just missing where it is defined in the manual. That looks like it might be what the poster is looking for.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

tczielke wrote:
When I use JMSAdmin at MQ 9.1.0.4 to display my client CF definitions, I do see this attribute being listed:

Code:

USERAUTHMQCSP(NO)

However, I can't find any documentation for this attribute in the MQ 9.1 manual on how to configure it or what it exactly means. Maybe I am just missing where it is defined in the manual. That looks like it might be what the poster is looking for.

Not quite. The USERAUTHMQCSP is a (boolean) property of the connection factory (JmsConstants.USER_AUTHENTICATION_MQCSP) and determines whether the user / password is getting put into the MQCSP structure or not.

Passing the user password is something that is done when creating the JMSContext or the connection (factory.connect(username,password)). This is the form used in a standalone JMS program.

This is done in different ways whether you use a standalone JMS or JMS inside a J2EE server. From within a J2EE server you can use the simple form of factory.connect() and define a JAAS principal and password that will be used when actually making the connection. This would be part of the server's JNDI setup. Obviously that setup is proprietary to the type of J2EE server you are using...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Configure userid/password in JNDI file with JMSAdmin ?
Jump to: