ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Message Selector sample program

Message Selector sample program « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Message Selector sample program Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

All,

I'm having an argument with IBM Support about when PROPCTL of NONE should be handled. My opinion is that it should be handled after data conversion. i.e. for an API Exit that would be after the invocation of MQXF_DATA_CONV_ON_GET function call.

IBM Support says that PROPCTL of NONE and handling of message selectors is handled before the invocation of MQXF_DATA_CONV_ON_GET for an API Exit which to me makes no sense.

So, I'm looking for fully functioning programs (C or Java) that use message selectors. If you have any message selectors programs that you can share, it would be greatly appreciated. I want to do some testing with message selector programs and MQ Auditor to see if what IBM says is true or if they are blowing smoke up my tail pipe.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
tczielke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

The C samples amqsstm and amqsiqm that come with MQ can put and display message properties. I have used them for testing message properties with the trace formatting tool in MH06.

Edited: Just realized you want a message selector example. I do have one that I will send you offline.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Message Selector sample program
Jump to: