ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE

SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
divyadam
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE Reply with quote

Novice

http://mqseries.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48845&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=5edd9161005b5095332a4f25cc708e9e

I saw a previous post about the issue I have. I am in the same boat. I need to clean up SYSTEM.CLSUTER.TRANSMITT.QUEUE and don't want to recreate the whole cluster. the Manager with issue is in 8 different clusters and building a Manager would be a nightmare.

need help / instructions on how to delete the "SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE" and recreate it to get by this issue.

Thank you for your help in advance. [/code]

Last edited by divyadam on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

What issue? Clean up what?
divyadam
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

there are around 12Million messages stuck in the Cluster transmit queue. Right now the Manager is trying to re-reference them back to SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE. The QMGR is trying to recover messages and can't be accessed.

the best way think right now is to dump all those messages either by deleting the SYSTME.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE and recreating it.

Need help with that.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

divyadam wrote:
there are around 12Million messages stuck in the Cluster transmit queue. Right now the Manager is trying to re-reference them back to SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE. The QMGR is trying to recover messages and can't be accessed.

the best way think right now is to dump all those messages either by deleting the SYSTME.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE and recreating it.

Need help with that.

Quote:
the Manager is trying to re-reference them back to SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE.

What does this mean? Who is the Manager?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Work out which queue(s) the messages are trying to go to, then create qlocal with the same name on another queue manager in the cluster(s). MQ may deliver the messages to the "alternative" queue manager.

Ref. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.tro.doc/q039330_.htm

You can also remove the dud queue manager from the MQ cluster(s) even when it is not available.

Ref. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q017530_.htm
divyadam
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

thanks for the info.
I can't bring up the QMGR which is down. even if I bring it up I don't want to flood it with millions of messages; which doesn't add any value.

My plan is to stop Cluster Sender channel to faulty Manager and then delete the Cluster transmit queue and them recreate it.

the challenge here is - Cluster transmit queue is a SYSTEM object. need help to remove / delete a system object and then recreate it.

runmqsc can't do it. what other tools that I can use to deal with system objects.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

divyadam wrote:
thanks for the info.
I can't bring up the QMGR which is down. even if I bring it up I don't want to flood it with millions of messages; which doesn't add any value.

My plan is to stop Cluster Sender channel to faulty Manager and then delete the Cluster transmit queue and them recreate it.

the challenge here is - Cluster transmit queue is a SYSTEM object. need help to remove / delete a system object and then recreate it.

runmqsc can't do it. what other tools that I can use to deal with system objects.

Don't do it that way.
First change the xmitq to have one per qmgr (see cluster documentation).
The one to the offending qmgr should then hold only messages for that qmgr. You can then clear it without risking loss of messages to other qmgrs.
Once it is cleared you can force remove the qmgr from the cluster.

Have fun
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

divyadam wrote:
runmqsc can't do it

What makes you believe that runmqsc can't delete a system object, that is different from the constraints on deleting any type of object?
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

gbaddeley wrote:
divyadam wrote:
runmqsc can't do it

What makes you believe that runmqsc can't delete a system object, that is different from the constraints on deleting any type of object?

And "strmqm -c" would recreate all system objects with default settings.
markt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Quote:
What makes you believe that runmqsc can't delete a system object,

There's a couple of system queues that are very hard to delete because they are kept permanently open by queue manager processes. If you're a member of a cluster, then the xmitq is opened pretty much as soon as the qmgr starts. SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE is another such. If you ever really wanted to do that (and as has been said here, it's not a good idea), I think you'd be forced down the route of deleting files outside the qmgr
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

markt wrote:
Quote:
What makes you believe that runmqsc can't delete a system object,

There's a couple of system queues that are very hard to delete because they are kept permanently open by queue manager processes. If you're a member of a cluster, then the xmitq is opened pretty much as soon as the qmgr starts. SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE is another such. If you ever really wanted to do that (and as has been said here, it's not a good idea), I think you'd be forced down the route of deleting files outside the qmgr

You could start a QMgr with the command
Code:
strmqm -ns <Name of the QMgr>

This command start a QMgr without channels. listener, channel inititator etc. This wouldn't affect access to the SYSTEM.AUTH.DATA.QUEUE, but the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE should be free. You then should be able to clear this queue - or read messages out of the queue with "dmpmqmsg". "dmpmqmsg" is able to read messages by time stamp or - even better in this case - by correlation id. The correlation id of messages in the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE is the name of the channel, which should transfer the message.

So there is no need to delete the queue.

Last edited by HubertKleinmanns on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

It should be trivial to move the messages from the S.C.T.Q. to another temp queue or file using your favorite MQ Admin tool.

But all you are doing is addressing the symptom. What will prevent new messages from finding themselves in the same situation?
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

Hi Peter,

PeterPotkay wrote:
It should be trivial to move the messages from the S.C.T.Q. to another temp queue or file using your favorite MQ Admin tool.

But all you are doing is addressing the symptom. What will prevent new messages from finding themselves in the same situation?

But the question was:
Quote:
... I need to clean up SYSTEM.CLSUTER.TRANSMITT.QUEUE ...

need help / instructions on how to delete the "SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE" and recreate it to get by this issue.

and
Quote:

My last post is an answer to the last quote.

Then divyadam should look at new incoming messages and which tool creates these messages.
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

divyadam,

first you should cleanup the S.C.T.Q as I described before (strmqm -ns ...).

Then you should stop and start the QMgr in normal mode (without "-ns").

Now have a look, if new messages arrive and stuck in the S.C.T.Q. Have a look at the queue status with
Code:
DISPLAY QSTATUS(SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE) TYPE(HANDLE) ALL

Check if here are any applications, which write to the S.C.T.Q.

- When you find an application: Stop it.

- When the message come across the channel: Stop the incoming channel.

- Check the CorrelationID of the messages in the S.C.T.Q: They contain a channel name, which should transfer these messages. Check this channel.

- Check the cluster information with "DISPLAY QCLUSTER(*) ALL" and "DISPLAY CLUSQMGR(*) ALL" and look for any "unknown" objects.

Hope this helps.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE
Jump to: