ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ Support1300 character Message not transmitted

1300 character Message not transmitted View previous topic :: View next topic
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

bruce2359 wrote:
HubertKleinmanns wrote:
Rolling back to MQv5.3 cannot be the solution, because this version is out of support for more than 10 years .

I disagree. Rolling back to v5.3 is a temporary solution while you, your partner team, and IBM work to resolve this.

Assuming the original hardware is still extant, or an AIX VM build is possible.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

exerk wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:
HubertKleinmanns wrote:
Rolling back to MQv5.3 cannot be the solution, because this version is out of support for more than 10 years .

I disagree. Rolling back to v5.3 is a temporary solution while you, your partner team, and IBM work to resolve this.

This should have been a fallback option in the upgrade plan. Having no fallback is career limiting.
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

bruce2359 wrote:
HubertKleinmanns wrote:

This would be a work-around - not the solution . And how should flsb then solve the error ?

flsb,

do you have a test environment with the same issue?
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

bruce2359 wrote:
exerk wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:
HubertKleinmanns wrote:

This should have been a fallback option in the upgrade plan. Having no fallback is career limiting.

... and upgrading without verifying this in a test environment too
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

flsb wrote:
wow.. i don't think i can get all these ppl together..
maybe from my side yes, but not the other parties..
they will just be asking for an RCA as currently it is transmitting via splitting message..
another party is asking us to rollback to AIXv5.3 as the migration is from our side and we are affecting them..
while 20+ other parties are working fine after the version upgrade but this party is asking for a rollback since it is not working for them..
*faint*

You don't have to get all these ppl together. Talk to your management. Tell them there is a network issue that needs to be resolved. You have a work-around but it is merely a tactical short-term fix. Get your manager to talk to their managers. Find a manager who is responsible for IT service delivery or manages the business relationship with your external partners.
flsb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

this has happened before and we have raised an issue with IBM via the same party that is affected by this early this year..

it is when another system going thru MQv7.5 that is having the same issue..
we routed to AIX MQv5.3 while waiting IBM to get back to us..

IBM Studied the logs and said it is a network issue..
of course because the AMQ error log all pointing to time out and ended abnormally due to IP not resolved etc..
the anomaly that we found out was that it only happend during huge load on the xmitq, therefore we alerted ibm again.. but then they did not respond and somehow the issue quiet down..

now it happened again with the AIX upgrade and we tried a few solutions..
one would be splitting the 1.3k message into smaller chunks and it works but that is just a temporary solution..
we are trying to get IBM on this again but i am afraid ibm will just point to network issue again..
flsb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: 1300 character Message not transmitted Reply with quote

Apprentice

bruce2359 wrote:
flsb wrote:
We split the 1.3k characters message to smaller chunks and is able to send through but with altering the channel batchsz to 1.

How exactly (what utility, where) did you split the 1.3k messages into smaller chunks?

we have a java application that put message to the queue..
the original message was a joint plaintext message from few sources combined into 1 long message.
now we are splitting them into queue individually..
flsb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

bruce2359 wrote:
HubertKleinmanns wrote:

yes, we cant rollback to 5.3 anymore.
and the reason 20+ other parties are working fine does not justify us rolling back for 2 of them only..
we need to solve this.. but we are at a dead end on this..
we tried restarting the mq at our end and recently by chance, the other party also restarted the server due to DR..
we are planning to swing the channel and test again..
flsb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

HubertKleinmanns wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:
HubertKleinmanns wrote:

This would be a work-around - not the solution . And how should flsb then solve the error ?

flsb,
do you have a test environment with the same issue?

we did perform testing before on this..
works perfectly at the time.. and we cant get all 20+ parties to test at the same time, and testing on other channels system with shorted message worked fine..

we did not rollback at the migration date due to all channels are running perfectly..
little did we know that these 2 affected parties did not get their message..
because the queues are 0.. only after we stop, resolve (backout) that we saw the current depth in the xmitq..
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Could this be due to a lack of MQ log space on the target server?
flsb
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

fjb_saper wrote:
Could this be due to a lack of MQ log space on the target server?

but wouldnt that will have an error shown on AMQERR log?
exerk
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: 1300 character Message not transmitted Reply with quote

Jedi Council

flsb wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:
flsb wrote:
We split the 1.3k characters message to smaller chunks and is able to send through but with altering the channel batchsz to 1.

How exactly (what utility, where) did you split the 1.3k messages into smaller chunks?

the original message was a joint plaintext message from few sources combined into 1 long message.

By "...combined into 1 long message...", do you mean the final result is the 1.3Kb message?

And you stated that this has happened before but was resolved when you routed it through your AIX 5.3 system, so, on what infrastructure did it occur before, e.g. platform? MQ version?
flsb
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:05 am Post subject: Re: 1300 character Message not transmitted Reply with quote

Apprentice

flsb wrote:
exerk wrote:

By "...combined into 1 long message...", do you mean the final result is the 1.3Kb message?

And you stated that this has happened before but was resolved when you routed it through your AIX 5.3 system, so, on what infrastructure did it occur before, e.g. platform? MQ version?

yes, we combined into 1 long message total 1.3 characters long..

previously we have another system in another MQ migrated to RHEL MQ7.5 and is having the same issue..
we routed to AIX v5.3 to go through..
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:17 am Post subject: Re: 1300 character Message not transmitted Reply with quote

Jedi Council

flsb wrote:
...yes, we combined into 1 long message total 1.3 characters long..

previously we have another system in another MQ migrated to RHEL MQ7.5 and is having the same issue..
we routed to AIX v5.3 to go through..

So you have had this happen before, and rather than fix it you kludged it, and you're surprised it happened again? Was it the same two parties back then? There is no way your management, knowing there was an issue, should have allowed that to happen.

You are now on a supported version of MQ. Go back to the vendor, with a new PMR, and get them to assist in resolving it. If the vendor insists the issue is network, get your management to lean on the networks people on your side to prove/disprove the issue is not your network.

If it proves to be your network, get it fixed. If it proves to be their network, and you'll need to uncategorically prove it, get them to fix it. Ditto if you have an intermediary providing the network infrastructure between you and your partners/
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:18 am Post subject: Re: 1300 character Message not transmitted Reply with quote

Poobah

bruce2359 wrote:
flsb wrote:

“Chunks” is not a technical term. Please be precise.

What message sizes succeed? What message sizes fail?

Does a 1.4k msg fail? Does 1.2k succeed?

Try TCP ping. What packet sizes succeed? Fail?
Post new topicReply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Page 4 of 7

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ Support1300 character Message not transmitted
Jump to: