ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Regarding Coexistence Versions of brokers

Regarding Coexistence Versions of brokers « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ShubhP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Regarding Coexistence Versions of brokers Reply with quote

Novice

Hi
We are planning to install IIbv10 with co-existence of WMB7 in the same Unix os box,( as part of migration activity to migrate the components from wmb7 to IIb10 one by one )

I have following queries :
-How I can ensure that when a particular user logged- in, he can access which running broker through mqsi commands.
-How I can have a separate user id for wmb broker , and iib broker (integration node ) :
For example if I log with user abc , it will access of wmb broker and all mqsi commands and actions on wmb7 broker,
And if I log with user xyz , it will access of IIB10 broker (IN) and mqsi commands/actions will be IIBv10 broker (IN)

Please advice

Thanks
ShubhP
joebuckeye
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Add a line in each user's profile that specifies which mqsiprofile (v7 or v10) that the user should load when logging in. That should populate the various user environment variables with the correct paths for each version.

I have no experience with this though since whenever we updated broker versions we also upgraded hardware so the new hardware got the newer version of broker.
ShubhP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Can we do that using the same User id.
With same user How I can control /differentiate v7 and v10 brokers.

Please advice
Thanks for help
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ShubhP wrote:

Please advice
Thanks for help

Doing it with the same user id is not good practice. It will lead to many a problem.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

ShubhP wrote:

Please advice
Thanks for help

hi...are there any specific reason that you are opting to host both v7 & v10 brokers on the same server? as mentioned in your previous topic usually it is better to host the latest version of the broker on latest hardware on a different server. Also have you checked whether the current Operation system level is supported by iib 10, for eg:- if using redhat linux the minimum level supported is 6.4...so if your v7 broker is running on any older OS level it won't be possible to install v10 on it.

https://www.ibm.com/software/reports/compatibility/clarity-reports/report/html/softwareReqsForProduct?deliverableId=1376392102308&osPlatform=Linux
ShubhP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

abhi_thri wrote:
ShubhP wrote:

Please advice
Thanks for help

hi...are there any specific reason that you are opting to host both v7 & v10 brokers on the same server? as mentioned in your previous topic usually it is better to host the latest version of the broker on latest hardware on a different server. Also have you checked whether the current Operation system level is supported by iib 10, for eg:- if using redhat linux the minimum level supported is 6.4...so if your v7 broker is running on any older OS level it won't be possible to install v10 on it.

https://www.ibm.com/software/reports/compatibility/clarity-reports/report/html/softwareReqsForProduct?deliverableId=1376392102308&osPlatform=Linux

Actually MB7 is in Unix Os which already been upgraded to the latest version.
mpong
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

you need to source the profile to the appropriate version based on your need

. /opt/ibm/ace-11.0.0.5/server/bin/mqsiprofile

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Regarding Coexistence Versions of brokers
Jump to: