ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Monitoring Event with IIB10/ACE11

Monitoring Event with IIB10/ACE11 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
abcnil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject: Monitoring Event with IIB10/ACE11 Reply with quote

Apprentice

Tried IIB10.0.0.4 and IBM ACE 11.0.0.5 for both we have same result mentioned below.

Extracted and details in ACE 11 with MonitoringV2 enabled.

We are able to generate proper events and those are inserted in Oracle DB correctly.

The problem we are seeing is, when we add "Event Payload" section and add some data from incoming message or Environment using Xpath. We dont see that details added anywhere in the database tables.

If we check the event generated [captured topic using RFHUtil], we do see <mon:applicationData> tag created with details we set from "Event Payload", that mean those are generated correctly from Node Event.

But those are not added in any table [WMB_MSGS/WMB_EVENT_TYPES/WMB_EVENT_FIELDS/WMB_BINARY_DATA]

I am guessing it should be added in [WMB_EVENT_TYPES/WMB_EVENT_FIELDS] but its not.

Side Note : Include bitstream works properly, we just need few more calculated details which are stored in Environment.

Any pointer which can help!
timber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It sounds as if you are emitting some 'key fields' along with the other data, so that you can look up the correct message in the database. That is a standard approach, and should work.

Just wondering...in your Event Payload section, are you emitting
a) simple fields only (name/value pairs) or
b) structures with child fields?
It should work either way - just trying to understand the scenario.

I don't have anything else to suggest...maybe somebody else will spot something.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi....are you trying to populate the key event fields at the event database, we did try this before but was told by IBM that these were not implemented yet (i.e will not get persisted to the database, only few key fields are supported - localTransactionId, parentTransactionId and globalTransactionId)...I guess the situation hasn't changed.

One option you could consider is to save the data yourself to the database by subscribing to the event messages, i.e use a similar database schema to which the subscriber can save the data to whichever column you want to.
abcnil
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks timber!
For testing purpose i tried with both simple and complex type. Thing is, we need to add extra details in DB from Environment. So we are emitting those details from Event Payload section.

Thanks abhi_thri! That's what i thought too its either not implemented or a bug.
I will raise a PMR so see what IBM has to say about it.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Monitoring Event with IIB10/ACE11
Jump to: