ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Deploying same name jar files in 2 separate BARs on same EG

Deploying same name jar files in 2 separate BARs on same EG « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hane
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Deploying same name jar files in 2 separate BARs on same EG Reply with quote

I have 2 applications A and B, for which 2 BARS A.bar and B.bar. Both of the BARs have a jar file with same name i.e. J1.jar. This jar is a packaged JCN and dependent classes. The jars in both the BARs are almost same except some changes in the java code in B.bar. Now I deploy application A, i.e. A.bar on EG1 and test, it works fine. Then I deploy application B, i.e. B.bar on the same EG1. The code in A.bar breaks. When I remove the changes in java code in the jar packaged in B.bar and deploy in EG1, code in A.bar works fine. This means the jar file is conflicting. I couldn't understand why it is conflicting if the jars are packaged in 2 different bars and are showing under different applications after deployment. How does broker treat it internally or if the jar in B.bar override the jar in A.bar because of same name? any pointers would be appreciated.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...what version of IIB are you using? what you've observed was the default behavior till v9 as it is relying either on the shared Integration level classloader or the Broker level one but in v10 it looks like java isolation is enabled by default for applications,

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bc23065_.htm

If you are still on v9 I think you can isolate the class loader between the JCNs by using different class loader configurable service

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bk58220_.htm
hane
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using WMB 8. The link shared by you helped. Thanks Abhi.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Deploying same name jar files in 2 separate BARs on same EG
Jump to: