ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to get IdentitySourceToken filled after failure terminal

How to get IdentitySourceToken filled after failure terminal « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dziku007
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: How to get IdentitySourceToken filled after failure terminal Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello,

I'm using SOAPInput Node with Security Profile configured. I use Security Profile to provide HTTP BasicAuth authentication. After SOAPInput Node 'out' terminal i receive Root.Properties.IdentitySourceToken filled with Username. That is ok, because i need Username later on the process. The problem is when input message validation fails. After that i receive Root.Properties.IdentitySourceToken empty. It occurs either on SOAPInput Node 'failure' terminal (when SOAPInput Validate param is set to "Content and value") or after SOAPInput Node 'out' terminal (when SOAPInput Validate param is set to "None").

The question is how populate IdentitySourceToken param with Username during input message validation error scenario?

I receive (in both cases) authentication string with HTTPInputHeader.Authorization and there is Username, but it is encoded and decoding Username from there smells rather poor design solution.

Tested on IIB 9.0.0.11.

Thanks in advance for any answer.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: How to get IdentitySourceToken filled after failure term Reply with quote

Knight

hi...

dziku007 wrote:

The question is how populate IdentitySourceToken param with Username during input message validation error scenario?

why do you want to know the Username in the error scenario at all, i mean does it adds any value in the diagnostics of the validation error at all?

Can you try moving the validation further downstream the flow, eg:- a Validation node and see whether the flow maintains the IdentitySourceToken in the Catch terminal path of the SoapInput node.
dziku007
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

Thanks for Your question.

I need to log error info where I need to write username who sent bad request.

I tried with Validate node later after SOAPInput, but it seems that broker still does not populate IdentitySourceToken param while soap message is not valid.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...
With the Validate node later after SOAPInput approach I'm assuming you are able to see the IdentitySourceToken populated with Username before the Validate node, if so you should be able to store it to an Environment variable so that you can access it later in the error path in the Catch subflow.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to get IdentitySourceToken filled after failure terminal
Jump to: