ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Chinese character is not showing in Notepad

Chinese character is not showing in Notepad « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vikas.bhu
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Chinese character is not showing in Notepad Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi ,

I am setting values from Input to environment I could see that chinese character properly setting in Environment but when I am opening note pad or Note pad ++ I could not see the same character ..is it converting to some thing else.

Same chinese character If I am pasting in Notepad I could see It showing properly.

Flow

FileInput--> Compute -> Trace

Thans
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Chinese character is not showing in Notepad Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vikas.bhu wrote:
I am setting values from Input to environment I could see that chinese character properly setting in Environment but when I am opening note pad or Note pad ++ I could not see the same character ..is it converting to some thing else.

Yes - I shudder to think what kind of ccsid conversions would be done by the paste.
timber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I assume that the Chinese character is displaying incorrectly in the Trace node output when you view it in Notepad(++)?
Quote:
I could see that chinese character properly setting in Environment but when I am opening note pad or Note pad ++ I could not see the same character
Where did you 'see' the character displaying properly?
vikas.bhu
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I tried all the CCSID but no luck ..
I tried in Note pad also .

also using 1028 we are doing mapping and transformation...

Is it because there mixed data like below?

九州ふそう 唐津サービスセンター" ,,,,awsmm
timber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think you should read this before trying to debug your problem:
https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2003/10/08/the-absolute-minimum-every-software-developer-absolutely-positively-must-know-about-unicode-and-character-sets-no-excuses/

Character encoding issues are not difficult to solve when you understand the basics. But if you don't understand the basics, you will get confused very quickly.

btw, you did not answer my questions.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese character is not showing in Notepad Reply with quote

Grand Master

vikas.bhu wrote:
... but when I am opening note pad or Note pad ++ I could not see the same character ...

Notepad typically relies on the user environment, or a byte order mark, to decide what character encoding to use to read or write a file.

vikas.bhu wrote:
also using 1028 we are doing mapping and transformation ...

What's 1028? Or is that supposed to be 1208 (UTF-8)?

vikas.bhu wrote:
Is it because there mixed data like below?

Probably not.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Chinese character is not showing in Notepad
Jump to: