ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » AMQ7077: not authorized to perform the "crtmqm"

AMQ7077: not authorized to perform the "crtmqm" « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: AMQ7077: not authorized to perform the "crtmqm" Reply with quote

Disciple

I got MQ 8 installed on my WINDOWS 7 enterprise edition machine of my office laptop.
and this is 1st time I am trying to create a queue manager and I am getting the below error. I tried it both from command line as well as from MQ Explorer and both time it is same error.
AMQ7077: You are not authorized to perform the requested operation

Then I saw a variable which can disable OAM on windows
set MQSNOAUT=yes which I set up on the command line but still the issue is not resolved and still getting same error.

Please suggest what could be the issue.
exerk
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Are you on a domain? Are you an administrator on your laptop? If so, did you "Run as administrator"? How did you install MQ - domain-aware or stand-alone? Funnily enough, Googling AMQ7077 returned THIS right at the top of the page...

...and MQSNOAUT only disables security checking on new queue managers, but you can't create one yet .
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

exerk wrote:
Are you on a domain? Are you an administrator on your laptop? If so, did you "Run as administrator"? How did you install MQ - domain-aware or stand-alone? Funnily enough, Googling AMQ7077 returned THIS .

Yes, I saw that link earlier and I was hoping there is a way to do it without having admin rights on my laptop.
Having admin rights is a big limitation here because our organization policy doesn't provide us admin rights for more than 24 hours after raising a ticket which goes through multiple approvals.
exerk
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You need to speak with your organisation about an exception, or see if they will allow an install of VMWare Player (or similar). If the latter, you will be able to create a slim-line Linux VM and play to your hearts content.
ankurlodhi
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

i had this same issue we had new Linux servers built, The MQM user and Group was not created properly and due to that we were not able to work with MQ. Please check the user permissions on your directory structure for MQM user or group.
St!n0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

use lusrmgr.msc to check if your userid has been added to the local mqm group of your workstation.

Most of the times the issue is due to not being a member of the local mqm group.
You should be able to add domain users and domain groups here.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vicks_mq wrote:
exerk wrote:
Are you on a domain? Are you an administrator on your laptop? If so, did you "Run as administrator"? How did you install MQ - domain-aware or stand-alone? Funnily enough, Googling AMQ7077 returned THIS .

Yes, I saw that link earlier and I was hoping there is a way to do it without having admin rights on my laptop.
Having admin rights is a big limitation here because our organization policy doesn't provide us admin rights for more than 24 hours after raising a ticket which goes through multiple approvals.

Also make sure you are a member of the local mqm group. If you are not the only way is to go through the elevated privileges.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » AMQ7077: not authorized to perform the "crtmqm"
Jump to: