ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Scandinavian char not showing right...

Scandinavian char not showing right... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ammu509
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: Scandinavian char not showing right... Reply with quote

I am unable to send Scandinavian letter Ä in IBM App connect. In WMB version 8, I can see the letter reflecting properly but in App connect it's displayed as: �. Please suggest me ways to resolve this issue.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ammu509 wrote:
I am unable to send Scandinavian letter Ä in IBM App connect. In WMB version 8, I can see the letter reflecting properly but in App connect it's displayed as: �.

Awesome post

Ammu509 wrote:
Please suggest me ways to resolve this issue.

Use the same CCSID in ACE that you do in WMB.

Include a subject line when you post to this forum.

Try explaining your problem; send the letter where? From where? Using what?

Where in WMBv8 do you see the letter reflecting properly?
Ammu509
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Unable to process Scandinavian letter Reply with quote

I actually included subject line earlier but was not displayed for some reason.

Sorry for not explaining the issue in the detail.

I am trying to fetch the value with Scandinavian letter from property file and send it to back end system (JSON Format). I had set CCSID as shown below:
Set outputroot.properties.codedcharsetid = 1208;

While debugging I saw Ä getting replaced by �. Also in backend system also it's getting displayed as �.

[/b]
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to process Scandinavian letter Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ammu509 wrote:
I am trying to fetch the value with Scandinavian letter from property file

It's never a good idea to use a property file with broker; there are so many better ways to store properties.

Ammu509 wrote:
I had set CCSID as shown below:

And how did you set the CCSID for the property file? The file has no inherent CCSID so it will default to the CCSID of the OS (which might well be a generic Latin CCSID where your Scandinavian letter maps to a symbol).

Probably worth checking the OS where it works to see if that's been set differently.

Ammu509 wrote:
While debugging I saw Ä getting replaced by �. Also in backend system also it's getting displayed as �.

The debugger is a bad way to solve this kind of problem, because it has to translate what it's seeing into the CCSID of your Windows.

I assume you've checked this back end system speaks Scandinavian and will not incorrectly parse your JSON back into a symbol when you get this fixed........?
Ammu509
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes in backend system the Scandinavian character is displayed properly.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ammu509 wrote:
Yes in backend system the Scandinavian character is displayed properly.

Even if it's a symbol to broker?

I stand by my previous advice in any instance.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to process Scandinavian letter Reply with quote

Grand Master

Ammu509 wrote:
I actually included subject line earlier but was not displayed for some reason.

If the subject line had non-ASCII chars in it, that could cause problems when posting. However, you should use the "Edit" button on the upper right corner of the first post, to go back and add a subject line, otherwise, it's almost impossible for anyone else to open this thread, and participate. Also, the "Preview" button helps to show what problems might occur, before submitting a post.

Ammu509 wrote:
I had set CCSID as shown below:
Code:

ESQL references are case-sensitive. That's not going to work, as-is.

Ammu509 wrote:

Please be more specific about what it is that's doing the displaying of the problem characters. It's possible that the message passed to the back end is ok, but whatever tool you are using to snoop at the message contents is not configured to display the data properly. It often helps to have a tool that can also display bytes in hex, to confirm they are good.
Ammu509
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned Ä is not getting passed to backend system properly. This particular character is displayed without any issue in that system when tested with SOAP UI, but when App connect sends this value is not getting displayed properly.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Scandinavian char not showing right...
Jump to: