ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ Clusters and internal sequence numbers

MQ Clusters and internal sequence numbers « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

tczielke wrote:

Quote:
To have confidence that these commands have finished, check that the expected objects exist on the remote queue managers.

How many objects does this mean? 5, 10, 1000?

It seems to me that a restored from backup qmgr should be REFRESH CLUSTER’d, as this is one of those exceptional conditions. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q004850_.htm
tczielke
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

bruce2359 wrote:
tczielke wrote:

Quote:
To have confidence that these commands have finished, check that the expected objects exist on the remote queue managers.

How many objects does this mean? 5, 10, 1000?

It seems to me that a restored from backup qmgr should be REFRESH CLUSTER’d, as this is one of those exceptional conditions. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q004850_.htm

I am not sure exactly what you mean by how many objects, but the IBM manual document is basically telling you to query your cluster repositories to ensure the asynchronous cluster commands that you run on one PR actually are applied in your FRs and applicable PRs in your cluster. Personally, I do this validation check when I run cluster commands in our MQ environment, to make sure they actually completed properly.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Hmmm...

I haven't tried this, but how about starting the DR qmgr instance <26 days after creating the copy, and just long enough to REFRESH CLUSTER(clustername) REPOS(NO) cause cluster object subscriptions to be deleted.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ Clusters and internal sequence numbers
Jump to: