ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Change the encoding in the logs (errors)

Change the encoding in the logs (errors) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Jozef1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

Hello.

When installing, I set the language to English. Add this lines : \MQExplorer \ eclipse \ configuration \ config.ini and add this lines:

Code:
org.osgi.framework.language = en
osgi.nl = en_US

Change: MQExplorer.ini in folder MQ\bin64 Now it launches in English

Code:
-Duser.language=en -Xmx512M

But in log encoding. How to fix it?(System win7 default = Russian)
Jozef1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshot:
mvic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

Jedi

On your command line, type
Code:
chcp

What is the output?
Jozef1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

mvic wrote:
On your command line, type
Code:
chcp

What is the output?

Code 866.
But problem encoding in logs MQ

mvic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

Jedi

The MQ code that is responsible for writing error messages, thinks that your locale is Russian, so is using the Russian message catalog.

chcp = 866 would explain why runmqsc gave its output in Russian. Try chcp 437 in your cmd prompt before running runmqsc.

But about the error messages:

It sounds like you want the queue manager code to ignore any locale settings it is automatically detecting, and use English instead.

I wonder if this page helps: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.1.0/com.ibm.mq.ins.doc/q008955_.htm
Jozef1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

mvic wrote:
The MQ code that is responsible for writing error messages, thinks that your locale is Russian, so is using the Russian message catalog.

chcp = 866 would explain why runmqsc gave its output in Russian. Try chcp 437 in your cmd prompt before running runmqsc.

But about the error messages:

It sounds like you want the queue manager code to ignore any locale settings it is automatically detecting, and use English instead.

I wonder if this page helps: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.1.0/com.ibm.mq.ins.doc/q008955_.htm

Replacing the encoding in the command libe did not help.
But adding a new line to the PATH helped a lot and everything now works fine!
P.S. I have one more question. I'm trying to write an application on JAVA that reads the queue (there are no errors in the logs). For this, I better create a new topic?
mvic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

Jedi

Quote:

What was the new line? Normally there are no line endings in the contents of PATH.
Jozef1 wrote:
For this, I better create a new topic?

Yes, that would be best.
Jozef1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

mvic wrote:
Quote:

What was the new line? Normally there are no line endings in the contents of PATH.
Jozef1 wrote:
For this, I better create a new topic?

Yes, that would be best.

Globally set the MQS_FORCE_NTLANGID(value 1033) environment variable, to the language identifier of the desired language, for messages displayed by the queue manager. You should set the MQS_FORCE_NTLANGID system wide. Otherwise, every user displaying messages needs to have the environment variable set individually.
Thank You!
mvic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Change the encoding in the logs (errors) Reply with quote

Jedi

Jozef1 wrote:
Thank You!

You're welcome.
What you've done is not the same as adding something to the PATH.
But I now understand what you meant. Thanks.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Change the encoding in the logs (errors)
Jump to: