ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Move messages from queue A to B triggered by timeout event

Move messages from queue A to B triggered by timeout event « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dziku007
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Move messages from queue A to B triggered by timeout event Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I have simple requirement: every 1 hour move all messages from queue A to queue B.

That leads me to solution similar to second picture on this url https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ibm10776265 (the main difference that i have Timeout Notification at the beginning of the flow).
And that leads me to MQRC_SYNCPOINT_LIMIT_REACHED troubles because of too many MQGET and MQPUT in a single unit of work. That would be OK for me if i was able to finish transaction in every loop step, but it seem not possible in iib.

The question is what pattern should i use to realize such scenario inside iib?
I could use some external tools to do it (for example cron with qload) but i would like to avoid this because due to its external (from iib) nature, non standard managment overhead, etc.

I'm using IIB 9.0.0.9

Is there any solution for iib that will not leave me on "bad design" street?

Thanks for any advice.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

you'd need a dual trigger. The assumption is MQGet to MQPut
One for a timer
One with an MQ input node.

In the control only move as many messages as your unit of work allows.(about 2000?) In the end put a message on the input queue to trigger the next unit of work.
if you get a timeout on the mqGET node, do not put a message after being done with the cycle to the Input queue.

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Move messages from queue A to B triggered by timeout event
Jump to: