ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Configure IIB's MQTT brk Subscription to be highly available

Configure IIB's MQTT brk Subscription to be highly available « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
VishnuPrasadS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Configure IIB's MQTT brk Subscription to be highly available Reply with quote

Apprentice

--> Requirement
Use IIB's monitoring profiles/events for capturing logging/auditing information from IIB apps
Configure system in such a way that no events are dropped by consuming clients.

--> Context
My environment has multiple IntegrationNodes in it. These IIB nodes doesnot have an WMQ queue-manager associated with it.
Monitoring events will be published to IIB's inbuilt MQTT broker.
IIB application with MQTT subscription node is used to consume events published to topic [IBM/IntegrationBus/+/Monitoring/#]
IIB version : 10

--> My solution
I plan to deploy Monitoring Events Consuming MQTT Subscription APP to each broker in two execution groups. One ExecutionGroup will have app in active state and other ExecutionGroup will have app in stopped state. Both apps will use same MQTT Subscription policy with same client id.
My intention is that even if one of the execution groups goes into inactive state, then a manual action can be taken to start the mqtt subscribing app in other execution group. This is a temporary work around involving manual action until the faulty EG is brought back online.

--> Constraints that I am working with
I donot have an external MQTT broker.
I prefer to use IIB to consume monitoring events
APM can be used to script and run automation tasks.

-->
I seek your thoughts on configuring a highly available system where no events from mqtt topic are lost by the consuming iib client
mpong
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

understand the constraint that you are facing without external MQTT broker. By the way, what is the HA broker set up that you have?

What happens if the broker itself goes down? Why do you think one of the EG will go down? Does all other IIB applications are running on both EG in active and stand by mode?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Configure IIB's MQTT brk Subscription to be highly available
Jump to: