ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10 Message Broker Getting stucked when mapped to MQ

IIB 10 Message Broker Getting stucked when mapped to MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ninja_gts
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: IIB 10 Message Broker Getting stucked when mapped to MQ Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am having two IIB 10.0.0.13 message broker running on linux server mapped to single WebSphere MQ Queue Manager v9.

When I creates 3rd message broker and map it to existing Queue Manager , newly created broker (i.e 3rd broker) failing to give any response. Any change to it is not getting reflected and neither it allowing to create integration server on the node.

I tried removing queue manager from broker and creating integration server on it . It's getting successfully created.

Please help me to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks
Ninja
mpong
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

how did you create the first tow nodes and associate to QM? is there any steps that are followed differently for creating the 3rd node? Did you look at the logs?
Ninja_gts
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mpong,

Below is the command used for creation of broker.

mqsicreatebroker IIBNODE_N3 -b default -q MQLOCAL

Only the difference in the earlier broker is that , broker listener is disabled.

Now i identified that when i enable broker listener , broker stops responding and works fine when broker listener is disabled.

Issue persist when i enables the broker listener and for same i m not getting any error logs.

Thanks
Ninja
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...is the broker listener configured to use the same port as one of the other brokers? Also why exactly are you configuring 3 brokers to share the same queue manager? are you doing some POC?

Please note that you won't be able to use some of the nodes if you plan to share queue manager between brokers.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ah09088_.htm
Ninja_gts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to confirm that listener port of all the brokers are different and two of my node is configured on embedded listener ,I tried 3rd broker with node listener so that on same port I can host number of services by creating multiple execution group.

I am having services which consist of only either MQOUTPUT node MQINPUT node or both. Is this nodes have any restrictions on sharing multiple node with same Queue Manager? Link provided for restriction
does not contains any reference related these node but still I m facing the issue.

Same configuration was implemented on another server and it's working fine.

Thanks
Ninja
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Ninja_gts wrote:
I would like to confirm that listener port of all the brokers are different and two of my node is configured on embedded listener ,I tried 3rd broker with node listener so that on same port I can host number of services by creating multiple execution group.

All the ports you use must be unique; you can't use the same port as any other broker or node listener. That's a TCP/IP restriction not a broker one. If the designated port is already in use, the component will must likely hang as you describe trying to attach to it. After some period it might throw a timeout error but it might not depending on your settings, or throw it after an unfeasibly long time.

Ninja_gts wrote:
I am having services which consist of only either MQOUTPUT node MQINPUT node or both.

Then why are you associating a queue manager with the broker at all? Why not just have the MQ nodes client onto a queue manager?

Ninja_gts wrote:
Same configuration was implemented on another server and it's working fine.

The same configuration down to the port numbers being used?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Using the broker wide listener assumes that there is a qmgr associated with the broker. I.E. each broker has its own queue manager.... So working as designed...

Have fun
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

fjb_saper wrote:
Using the broker wide listener assumes that there is a qmgr associated with the broker. I.E. each broker has its own queue manager.... So working as designed...

I'm enlightened by new knowledge.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

That's because the broker wide listener uses WS_XXXINPUT queue under the covers or a queue name something like that. Check it out in the infocenter.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10 Message Broker Getting stucked when mapped to MQ
Jump to: