ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Override configurable property dynamicaly

Override configurable property dynamicaly « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gappodi wrote:
Does these overridden values remain in the environment tree until message flow completes ? For e.g. if I have a subsequent second HTTPRequest node in my message flow and I do not want these values to be carried forward to this node, Should I clear my local environment tree before the second HTTPRequest node is invoked in the message flow ? Please provide your inputs on it.

Thanks and Regards,
Maneesh Sharma

You need to set the values just before the node that needs them.
If you set them before they will stay in the tree. Now if the node is not the same (HTTPRequest vs HTTPReply) it may be ok as the overrides are not the same.
gappodi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thank you fjb_saper! I am setting the following overrides in a compute node right before the HTTPRequest node.

SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.RequestURL = 'https://twod-test.tw.com/sign';
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.KeyAlias = 'signcert';

These overrides worked and my HTTPRequest node hit the above mentioned URL. Now down the message flow I need to use another HTTPRequest node and want it to hit a different URL. I specified the override for this 2nd HTTPRequest node in my override.properties and ran the 'mqsiapplybaroverride' command to generate a new bar file. But from the broker logs I can see that 2nd HTTPRequest node is still hitting the URL as set in the compute node right before the first HTTPRequest node.

Also, I am not using HTTP Reply node at all in my message flow. So the overrides are anyway same for both the nodes. Is there a way I can force the 2nd HTTPRequest node to ignore what is already set in the OutputLocalEnvironment by the compute node and take the override as specified in the override properties ?

Please provide your inputs here.

Thanks and Regards,
Maneesh Sharma
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gappodi wrote:
Thank you fjb_saper! I am setting the following overrides in a compute node right before the HTTPRequest node.

SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.RequestURL = 'https://twod-test.tw.com/sign';
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.KeyAlias = 'signcert';

These overrides worked and my HTTPRequest node hit the above mentioned URL. Now down the message flow I need to use another HTTPRequest node and want it to hit a different URL. I specified the override for this 2nd HTTPRequest node in my override.properties and ran the 'mqsiapplybaroverride' command to generate a new bar file. But from the broker logs I can see that 2nd HTTPRequest node is still hitting the URL as set in the compute node right before the first HTTPRequest node.

Also, I am not using HTTP Reply node at all in my message flow. So the overrides are anyway same for both the nodes. Is there a way I can force the 2nd HTTPRequest node to ignore what is already set in the OutputLocalEnvironment by the compute node and take the override as specified in the override properties ?

Please provide your inputs here.

Thanks and Regards,
Maneesh Sharma

Set the properties in the bar file.
Then use mqsireadbar to generate the properties.
These are the properties you want to override.
Verify the bar file produced by mqsiapplybaroverride and verify the flags you are passing to mqsiapplybaroverride.
You'll figure out the problem.

gappodi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I ran an 'mqsireadbar' command on my bar file and I see that both of the the HTTPRequest nodes have the same value as I specified in my override.properties.

com.ibm.einvoicing.flows.signing.SyncSigning#TWRequest.URLSpecifier = https://twod-dev.trustweaver.com/ts/svs.asmx
com.ibm.einvoicing.flows.signing.SyncSigning#TWRequest1.URLSpecifier = https://twod-dev.trustweaver.com/ts/svs.asmx

I am only overriding the URLSpecifier for 'TWRequest' node using a compute node in my message flow and it takes effect. But the URL for 'TWRequest1' (as indicated above in bold) is not getting used and it still hits the first URL.

Thanks and Regards,
Maneesh Sharma
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gappodi wrote:
I ran an 'mqsireadbar' command on my bar file and I see that both of the the HTTPRequest nodes have the same value as I specified in my override.properties.

com.ibm.einvoicing.flows.signing.SyncSigning#TWRequest.URLSpecifier = https://twod-dev.trustweaver.com/ts/svs.asmx
com.ibm.einvoicing.flows.signing.SyncSigning#TWRequest1.URLSpecifier = https://twod-dev.trustweaver.com/ts/svs.asmx

I am only overriding the URLSpecifier for 'TWRequest' node using a compute node in my message flow and it takes effect. But the URL for 'TWRequest1' (as indicated above in bold) is not getting used and it still hits the first URL.

Thanks and Regards,
Maneesh Sharma

Well that's your problem.
In the properties your are overriding TWRequest.URLSpecifier which you then override dynamically in the flow...
You need to override in your properties TWRequest1.URLSpecifier.

Also make sure the override properties in the LocalEnvironment are cleared before you hit the second URL.

So your overrides are working as designed...
gappodi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Ok. I am overriding the URLSpecifier in 'TWRequest' node dynamically which is working as expected. But the 2nd override for 'TWRequest1' is not working and instead of hitting the following URL i.e.

It is actually hitting what I set dynamically for the 'TWRequest' node.

I tried the following piece of code in a compute ESQL node right before hitting the second node but it did not work..

SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.RequestURL = NULL;
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.KeyAlias = NULL;

Is there any other way I can clear the LocalEnvironment before hitting the second URL ? I think if I could do that it should fix this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Maneesh Sharma
gappodi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Small correction in previous message..

Is there any other way I can clear the LocalEnvironment before hitting the second HTTPRequest node ?
gappodi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi fjb_saper,

I just tried the following piece of code from my ESQL and this worked for 'TWRequest1' node now !!

SET InputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.RequestURL = NULL;
SET InputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.KeyAlias = NULL;

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance and patience so far !!

Regards,
Maneesh Sharma

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Override configurable property dynamicaly
Jump to: