ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportUse of RFHUTILC (IH03) with TLS 1.2 cipher on channel

Use of RFHUTILC (IH03) with TLS 1.2 cipher on channel View previous topic :: View next topic
mk621
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

zpat wrote:
Just to be clear, using a CCDT you do not need an updated version to use TLS 1.2 (or any cipher).

Thanks for guidance, but I am new to CCDT. Can u give any link to tutoirial or any thread where I can learn to setup that.

Sorry if my questions feels silly to you.

Thanks again
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

dallen wrote:
As long as I don't publicly redistribute my modified copy or profit off it then I am not violating any laws...

Did your IT management approve this? Did you/they run this by your HR and legal departments?
zpat
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mk621 wrote:
zpat wrote:
Just to be clear, using a CCDT you do not need an updated version to use TLS 1.2 (or any cipher).

Thanks for guidance, but I am new to CCDT. Can u give any link to tutoirial or any thread where I can learn to setup that.

Thanks again

Why not google MQ CCDT ?

Or ask your qualified and experienced MQ administrator, which every company using MQ would be insane not to employ at least one of....
tczielke
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

zpat wrote:
Only downside is that we have far, far too many QMs for easy CCDT creation....

I am not sure if this will work for your MQ environment, but T.Rob presented in an MQTC session this year a way to dynamically build your CCDT at runtime -> https://www.mqtechconference.com/sessions_v2018/Using_runmqsc_and_dmpmqcfg_over_TLS_client.pdf
mk621
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

zpat wrote:
mk621 wrote:
zpat wrote:

Thanks again

Why not google MQ CCDT ?

Or ask your qualified and experienced MQ administrator, which every company using MQ would be insane not to employ at least one of....

Thanks ZPAT. you were helpful
rdg
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Anyone wishing to get hold of a newer copy can download the version from GitHub, here: https://github.com/ibm-messaging/mq-rfhutil

At the time of writing this was build version 9.1.3.230, built June 2019

So far, this version works like the unofficial v8.0.0 which I had been supplied (compatible) i.e. saves message files using the same format. It has updated TLS options including an "Any TLS 1.2" option.

Note: If you are upgrading from older versions e.g. v7.0.2, for some reason the MQMD byte sequence / marker in saved message files is different in these newer versions...

MQMD starts with “MD <STX>” with “MD <SOH>” (when viewed with Notepad++). Old message files can be remedied using a search and replace in Notepad++ or alike.

Also, we'd encountered an issue with v8.0.0 where it randomly and suddenly crashes / vanishes from the screen taking any last read messages with it. So far this hasn't occurred with v9.1.3 for me but it's early days yet.

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportUse of RFHUTILC (IH03) with TLS 1.2 cipher on channel
Jump to: