ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integrating IIB v9/v10 with ActiveMQ 5.x over AMQP protocol

Integrating IIB v9/v10 with ActiveMQ 5.x over AMQP protocol « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vickas
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Integrating IIB v9/v10 with ActiveMQ 5.x over AMQP protocol Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Experts ,
We have a requirement to integrate IIB v9/v10 with Active MQ server over AMQP 1.0 (Advanced Message queue protocol ).
from my research , to make WMQ interact with ActiveMQ , the best way is to bring in IIB , which allows to make connection using JMS nodes but then here the client wants us to connect to them only using AMQP protocol with encryption (TLS v1.2) enabled over the channel.
How can we achieve this ?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Write Java code that emulates what you'd do with an IIB flow.

vickas wrote:
the client wants us to connect to them only using AMQP protocol with encryption (TLS v1.2) enabled over the channel.

How will the client know if you're using IIB or not? From the other end of the channel??
souciance
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Why do you even need IIB here? Just use the Java API for MQ and ActiveMQ to read/write. You can do this with a simple spring boot application.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

souciance wrote:
Just use the Java API for MQ and ActiveMQ to read/write. You can do this with a simple spring boot application.

Vitor wrote:

vickas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Vitor wrote:

vickas wrote:
the client wants us to connect to them only using AMQP protocol with encryption (TLS v1.2) enabled over the channel.

How will the client know if you're using IIB or not? From the other end of the channel??

Hi vitor ,
Thanks for the reply , The client might not be knowing that but here we want to know but our customer has IIB and want us to use IIB to integrate with Active MQ over AMQP ( Advanced message queue protocol) .
I cannot write any spring booter application , All i wanted to know here is how can we achieve this in IIB ?
I know that we can integrate IIB with ActiveMQ over JMS ( found many links
). As we know that JMS is an API and Advanced message queue is a protocol, want to know how can we achieve integrating IIB with ActiveMQ over AMQP
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vickas wrote:
I know that we can integrate IIB with ActiveMQ over JMS ( found many links).

Then you know how to integrate with ActiveMQ.

vickas wrote:
As we know that JMS is an API and Advanced message queue is a protocol, want to know how can we achieve integrating IIB with
ActiveMQ over AMQP

The same as you would with anything else. The premise of the JMS nodes is that you're using the JMS classes (APIs as you describe them) with a 3rd party JMS provider such as ActiveMQ; if you were using a non-3rd party JMS provider you'd be using the MQ nodes!

Likewise, the point of the JMS classes is to provide a level of abstraction between the calling application (be it IIB or some hand rolled Java) and the underlying provider. So the IIB part of this is no more nor less the use of the JMS nodes.

So your question is in fact "how do I configure ActiveMQ to communicate with my client over AMQP", and that's a question for an ActiveMQ forum. I certainly don't have any (recent) experience with ActiveMQ.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integrating IIB v9/v10 with ActiveMQ 5.x over AMQP protocol
Jump to: