ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Create model to Parse YAML data in IIB

Create model to Parse YAML data in IIB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
syedh2993
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Create model to Parse YAML data in IIB Reply with quote

Hi all,
I want to create message model to parse YAML data in IIB 9. How do I create YAML parser to parse the data?
Since YAML is superset of JSON I cannot use JSON parser right ?
Do I use DFDL parser to create schema then? if so how do I proceed ?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...yaml support is available for mapping nodes from 10.0.0.6 onwards, see infocenter topic

Quote:
Since YAML is superset of JSON I cannot use JSON parser right ?

Have you tried it? if so what was the result?
martinb
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi

IIB does not currently provide a YAML parser.

The IIB JSON parser does not require a message model.
Note the Graphical Data Mapper, which needs a model to visualize the data, can use a JSON schema, or Swagger document formatted in YAML - but the message data would be JSON, and the flow would use the IIB JSON parser.

While you could probably create a DFDL model to parse a specific YAML data structure, it would not be a good approach in my view.

You could consider having the YAML read into the message flow as BLOB data, then use a Java library, such as Jackson, to parse and construct a logical message tree etc.

Also you might consider opening a RFE to get YAML parser support added to IIB.
timber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

@abhi_thri: You're correct that IIB can import a YAML file that specifies the OpenAPI/Swagger metadata for a REST API. But the OP is not trying to solve that problem. They are trying to parse a general-purpose YAML document in the same way that you might parse an XML or a JSON document.

@syedh2993: Not sure that DFDL would be the best solution for a format like YAML. IIB does not have a YAML domain but you could probably parse your YAML using the BLOB domain, then use a Java class library like Jackson to parse it. Or better, write yourself a plug-in parser for IIB and build a message tree from the parsed YAML.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Create model to Parse YAML data in IIB
Jump to: