ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportBIP1092I does not appear after mqsideploy

BIP1092I does not appear after mqsideploy View previous topic :: View next topic
scyoungmurray
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 am Post subject: BIP1092I does not appear after mqsideploy Reply with quote

Setup is RHEL V6.4, MQ V7.5.0.6 and IB V9.0.0.9. Before anyone points it out, I’m well aware of end of support dates and requirements for MQ and IB and work is well underway to migrate to supported versions.

The problem in this test environment is that when we deploy a particular bar file (of about 3MB) with –w 3600 in the mqsideploy command, we do not get a positive confirmation (“BIP1092I: The broker successfully processed the deployment request.”) on the command line. It seems to be just this particular BAR file, on a non-empty integration server and only on this particular box. Other BAR files deploy and we get the BIP1092I message back, but consistently not this one. If we deploy this BAR file to an empty integration server on this broker on this box, we do get the BIP1092I message back as expected.

It seems likely that something environmental is going on but we cannot figure out what that may be and many of thie things we have seen / triede seem to rule that out to some degree. We can replicate this problem consistently.

We have deleted / redefined the broker and its components but that has not resolved the issue.

We have tried service and user traces and sent them to IBM under a PMR but the traces either wrap (even when set to max size of 2GB) and do not contain a complete end to end trace or have too little info (debug level user trace).

IBM labs' conclusion is that the mqsideploy command timed out (BIP2871I) and as a result isn't going to receive any subsequent messages.

I agree that it does appear as if it is timing out but why is this happening when we have –w set to 3600 (seconds) specifically to mitigate against this behaviour?

Has anyone seen this before?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

So to summarize the issue - the 3MB BAR file deployment works fine if the Integration server is empty, otherwise it times out with BIP2871I.

I guess you need to look at the BAR size, what is contributing to the size? Does the BAR file contain an application with large message model schema files in it (SAP Idoc etc)? Is it possible to reduce the size by moving the artefacts into multiple BARs?

We've seen scenarios where IIB took a while to deploy BARs and this was specifically to do with larger message models. It didn't timeout as such (ours where in KBs) but instead failed with OutOfMemory error. The deployment approach for MessageModel is different when compared to MessageSets that it doesn't provide any isolation. i.e when you deploy multiple message models to an Integration server IIB adds it to a master schema (this needs to be deleted and recreated) which takes time and memory. This might explain why you are seeing that it works if the IS is empty. So in the end we had to turn the JVM heap size a bit and we also limited the no. of models deployed to the IS.

PS: There is a separate thread which lists out the issues with MessageModels in detail - http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=423174#423174
scyoungmurray
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for getting back to me.

The 3MB BAR file deployment works fine if the Integration server is empty, and it appears, on the face of it, to time out when the integration server is not empty however we do not get a BIP2871I message to confirm this timeout.

Also, the mqsideploy -w value of 3600 is greater than the sum of Configuration change timeout (1800) and Internal configuration timeout (60) as per the docs so it shouldn't be timing out.

There is no sign of an out of memory error in any of the integration node or integration server stdout or stderr logs. I have also checked the associated queue manager error logs and the high-level MQ error logs and there's no indication of any problems there (I was thinking message to big for queue etc).

I will look to see if we could maybe separate it into multiple files and I'll have a look at that other thread too.
scyoungmurray
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

An update. I was able to remove a 2MB .jar file from the bar file to take the bar file to about 1MB in size (size reduction of.~ 66%).

We had exactly the same issue when deploying this smaller file as we had seen previously (i.e. it timed out but we did not get confirmation). We also did not get a message to confirm that broker had processed the deploy request. I'm not sure I can strip out much more from the bar file but at 1MB it's not exactly huge.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Even in the 1MB, what are the exact contents in the BAR file? just some flows, large message models, jar files?
You could turn on the memory/heap monitoring for the integration server and see how it changes during the deployment attempt.

Also worth checking whether any of the code in flow is doing some heavy lifting during initialization (eg:- code inside onInitialize for JCN)

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportBIP1092I does not appear after mqsideploy
Jump to: