ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Read multiple files using FileRead Node

Read multiple files using FileRead Node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
oyishik
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Read multiple files using FileRead Node Reply with quote

Hi All. I have a requirement wherein a GET service is exposed on IIB.

Let's assume the URL is http(s)://server:port/testURL
The flow will traverse to the testURL directory on the filesystem. The directory structure upto testURL looks like the following:
C:/IIB/Test/ is the parent and contains hundreds of sub-directories among which testURL is one.

Now, there are some files which need to be read by IIB. These files will be present after two sub-directories under the testURL directory. So, the filesystem would like the following:
C:/IIB/Test/testURL/file/check/filename1.txt,filename2.txt (multiple files)
C:/IIB/Test/testURL6/file/check7/filename3.txt
C:/IIB/Test/testURL14/file/check9/filename4.txt,filename5.txt,filename6.txt
and so on...

The directory /file will remain constant constant, but it changes randomly after that (/check or /check7, etc.). Is there any way that I can set the value of OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Directory to traverse upto /file, after which it will automatically traverse the sub-directories to read the file(s)?

The second query is how can I configure the File Read Node to read multiple files, or atleast not throw a BIP4989E exception whenever it comes across multiple files.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Read multiple files using FileRead Node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

oyishik wrote:
Is there any way that I can set the value of OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.File.Directory to traverse upto /file, after which it will automatically traverse the sub-directories to read the file(s)?

No. The FileRead node (as the name suggests) is designed to read a single file mid-flow.

oyishik wrote:
The second query is how can I configure the File Read Node to read multiple files, or atleast not throw a BIP4989E exception whenever it comes across multiple files.

You can't - see above.

You might get more positive advice if you shared what exactly you're trying to do. I get you're trying to read a variable number of files from a directory structure but what then? Read the files and make web service calls? Inserts into a database? What?

Also why a web service call to fire this off? Why not a FileInput node (which is designed to handle multiple files looking at the root directory (c:\IIB\Test in your example). What's driving that?

On a more meta level, why IIB? There are other file reading transformational platforms; what's led you to this one?

Better information, better advice.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Moved to more relevant section

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Read multiple files using FileRead Node
Jump to: