ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Fastest and Efficient way to browse messages through Local Q

Fastest and Efficient way to browse messages through Local Q « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Fastest and Efficient way to browse messages through Local Q Reply with quote

Disciple

I am looking for the efficient and useful way to browse messages through Local Q, if I use MQ explorer, I can't filter messages out.

I want a way to browse messages where I can get the Particular MQMD parameter of a message.

Suppose I want to count hose messages who are going to expire in next 30 mins out of thousand of messages in that local queue, how can I do that?

or If I want to filter out messages which was put on a specific date or time period, then also how can I do that?
krypton
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

QLoad and Q program can help to manage messages to some extent but I have no answer for what you are looking, maybe some of the expert in this forum can help you with that.
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks, but my requirement is more and need to cover the scenarios which I mentioned.
I wonder why IBM doesn't provide any utility for this, it should be incorporated in MQSC command.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fastest and Efficient way to browse messages through Loc Reply with quote

Jedi

vicks_mq wrote:
I am looking for the efficient and useful way to browse messages through Local Q, if I use MQ explorer, I can't filter messages out.
I want a way to browse messages where I can get the Particular MQMD parameter of a message.
Suppose I want to count hose messages who are going to expire in next 30 mins out of thousand of messages in that local queue, how can I do that?
or If I want to filter out messages which was put on a specific date or time period, then also how can I do that?

MQ installation includes a range of sample applications and source code. You can modify these to meet your requirements.

MQ Explorer is not designed to be an application messaging support tool, it doesn't have many capabilities to handle message data.

There are also IBM SupportPacs (eg. IH03 RFHUTIL) and 3rd party ISV products that provide message handling capabilities. ISVs can be receptive to requests to add useful new features that you desire.
vicks_mq
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Quote:
MQ installation includes a range of sample applications and source code. You can modify these to meet your requirements.

MQ Explorer is not designed to be an application messaging support tool, it doesn't have many capabilities to handle message data.

There are also IBM SupportPacs (eg. IH03 RFHUTIL) and 3rd party ISV products that provide message handling capabilities. ISVs can be receptive to requests to add useful new features that you desire.

Hi, thank you for the information , my requirement is not to handle message data but instead more on "browsing" the queue for different messages based on conditions like message age, message length , user ID etc etc.
mvic
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Fastest and Efficient way to browse messages through Loc Reply with quote

Jedi

If your applications are using MQ properly they will not leave messages on queues for a long while.
Are your applications treating MQ like a database?
MQ moves things from A to B, and has limited options for looking at what you have (because in principle it is constantly changing).
A database stores state and gives you many ways of querying what you have.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Fastest and Efficient way to browse messages through Local Q
Jump to: