ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ESQL And Web Service

ESQL And Web Service « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Learning_MQ_IIB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: ESQL And Web Service Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

I had a few clarification for Web Service Implementation in IIB. Somehow I am unable to find this info in knowledge center:

1) Which parser (XMLNSC or SOAP) should be used when I am sending a SOAP Request through SOAPRequest node? What are the advantages of one over the other?

2) I have seen one implementation where only the body is being set in ESQL as something like this:
SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.RefundPayout.key = 'XYZ';
SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.RefundPayout.value = '123';
SOAPRequest node takes this message and gets the correct response back. Does this mean that SOAPRequest node puts the SOAP Envelop around the message before sending the request?

3) I am trying to achieve something like this in ESQL:
<key xsi:type="xsd:string">XYZ</key>
<value xsi:type="xsd:string">123</value>

I am able to achieve this using the following code:
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.key.(XMLNSC.Attribute)xsi:type='xsd:string';
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.key = 'XYZ';
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.value.(XMLNSC.Attribute)xsi:type='xsd:string';
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.value = '123';

But SOAPRequest node is giving an issue with the main parent element being SOAP_Domain_Msg instead of SOAP Envelop.. Any clue how to resolve this?

Thanking in Advance..
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: ESQL And Web Service Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Learning_MQ_IIB wrote:
1) Which parser (XMLNSC or SOAP) should be used when I am sending a SOAP Request through SOAPRequest node? What are the advantages of one over the other?

Whichever fits your needs. See below.

Learning_MQ_IIB wrote:
2) I have seen one implementation where only the body is being set in ESQL as something like this:
SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.RefundPayout.key = 'XYZ';
SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.RefundPayout.value = '123';
SOAPRequest node takes this message and gets the correct response back. Does this mean that SOAPRequest node puts the SOAP Envelop around the message before sending the request?

Yes. See also below.

Learning_MQ_IIB wrote:
3) I am trying to achieve something like this in ESQL:
<key xsi:type="xsd:string">XYZ</key>
<value xsi:type="xsd:string">123</value>

I am able to achieve this using the following code:
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.key.(XMLNSC.Attribute)xsi:type='xsd:string';
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.key = 'XYZ';
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.value.(XMLNSC.Attribute)xsi:type='xsd:string';
SET OutputRoot.SOAP.Body.ReplacementCard.value = '123';

But SOAPRequest node is giving an issue with the main parent element being SOAP_Domain_Msg instead of SOAP Envelop.. Any clue how to resolve this?

If there's a XMLNSC message in the tree, the SOAPRequest node will assume it's the payload and wrap it in a SOAP Envelope. If you use the SOAP domain directly, the node will assume you've built the entire message and just send it. So you ether need to build the envelope in ESQL or use the SOAPEnvelope node to add it.

If you're sending a "normal" SOAP message then you can just let the node do the heavy lifting. If you have some particular requirements for the envelope, or need a SOAP header, then you need to code for that yourself.

In terms of parser efficiency, the SOAP domain uses the XMLNSC parser so there's no difference. It's all about the developer functionality.
Learning_MQ_IIB
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks,
My understanding is much better now

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ESQL And Web Service
Jump to: