ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » multi instance configuration question

multi instance configuration question « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
smeunier
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: multi instance configuration question Reply with quote

Partisan

I have created a multi instance MQ environment on Linux with MQ V8.0.0.4

the /logs and /qmgrs directories are on a NFSV4 appliance

When the MQ product was installed, it created it normal /var/mqm directory structure, including the /qmgrs and /log directories on local file system. I created the QMGRS specifying the /NFS filesystem for log and data, but I see recent file updates in the local /var/mqm/qmgrs directories. I'm a little confused by that.

I ran all the NFS check programs and the QMGRS start up OK, but doing a switchover with -s on the active shuts both of them down.

My question is: should the local /log /qmgrs directories remain in place, or should they be deleted? The NFS ones look good and complete, but not sure why local updates are being made to the standby /qmgrs directory. Active, local /qmgrs looks like it has not been updated.

I'm at a point where I can blow the QMGRS away and start over, as I'm just in the verification stage that everything is working OK. But, I don't think it is(working properly).

Also if I do a dspmq -x on the standby, it shows both instances, if I do it on the active, it only shows the active instance.

Thoughts?
mvic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: multi instance configuration question Reply with quote

Jedi

Did you use addmqinf on the standby?
smeunier
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Quote:

Did you use addmqinf on the standby?

Yes, addmqinf was used to create the standby.

After looking into this further, I worked with the storage team and found that the /NFS/qmgrs directory was created as a NFS3 mount. Having that corrected, led to further permission errors, which were then traced back to NFS configuration again. A local mqm id was create with the same uid/gid on the NFS appliance and that cleared up all the problems. I now have a working multi-instance environment.

Thanks for your reply.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » multi instance configuration question
Jump to: